Been using the BB Pearl for a couple good weeks and have come upon 2 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pmw23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Help on sending numbers by sms...

Advertisement

Been using the BB Pearl for a couple good weeks and have come upon 2 points maybe somebody can help out:

1) I cannot seem to find the solution to send a number from my phonebook to another person in my phonebook by sms, bluetooth, etc.. No options to do so...

and

2) When in a call, and it happens, when I have no pen available, I'd like to write the number into the phone during the call; In my previous SE 750, this was straight forward as the phone number that I wrote in stays on the main screen after the call ends so I can save or call it afterwards. In the Pearl I don't see where this can be done, other than saving it to the notepad while in a call and then having to find the saved file....

Any help?

Thanks - Great Forum!!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Help on sending numbers by sms...

pmw, for the first one, I usually do a copy and paste to send the phone number in an email or SMS. Shift+Scroll over the number/Click to Copy, then paste in the new message.

For the second one, you may want to set up a shortcut key to go to your Notepad App. Options/Screen-Keyboard, down to convenience key set up. That way, during a call, you can hit the convenience key and save notes. Just be sure not to hit the end key during the call.

pmw23 no está en línea Stack level 1

So I guess there is no other way than copy/paste..

And the second point - such a hassle. I prefer keeping my shortcuts with voice dialing and camera.
    No other way than notes? I guess they didn't think about that one at BB...

Thanks for the input!
    Last edited by pmw23; 03-23-2007 at 04:07 PM.

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

To send an address contact: go to the list, hilight the person you want to share, then hit the menu button and you can choose "send to messenger contact" ( to send via BB messenger), and you'll see Send As Attachment to send the address file as an email.