When I dial a number, I do not hear anything through the ear piece of ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dwan no está en línea Stack level 2

Help - No sound

Advertisement

When I dial a number, I do not hear anything through the ear piece of the phone. But when I switch to speakerphone, it works normal. I can play mp3s an video without a problem. And when I connect my headset, it works fine.

I've taken out the battery and waited over 30 second before putting it back in. I've done this muliple times but nothing seems to help.

Is there anything else I can do to try to get my Pearl back to normal? Thanks in advance.

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Help - No sound

Checked the volume? upper-right. What's the bar at?

The volume bar is at max. I'll adjusted it up and down during a phone call and it had no affect.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    If the volume is set and everything is good you might have to do a master reset. Using your dm software create a back up file then on you BB go to options. Security. General settings. Menu. Wipe. When everthing is done connect your phone to your pc again and restore all your data. That should do the fix

I performed the master reset with the instructions above and the phone is still experiencing the same problem.

Are there any other suggestions on what I can do or is it time to call T-Mobile customer service?

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sounds like a hardware problem. Time to send it in.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Did your pearl take a tumble? Maybe something came loose? It may be time to talk to TMO. sorry

Yeah, I think so too. The odd thing is that I have never dropped my Pearl or taken it apart or anything like that. Thanks for your suggestions.

abcklm no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

I am facing this kinds problem from last 3 days. I can not hear anything from ear piece. All I have to do is swtiching on speaker phone which is annoying. Did you find any solution for this problem? Please let me know if there is any solution.

-V

riteshjain no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am experiencing the exact same problem since the past 1 week. Speaker phone and bluetooth work just fine but the phone ear piece has no audio! I have tried everything listed on this forum.
    What did you guys do to fix your problem? I am afraid my phone is already out of warranty as it's more than a year old.
    -Ritesh

bacon no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I had this problem with mine. Only thing to do is send it in for warranty. They will cover it as they know this is a problem. Good luck with it!

amandarooo324 no está en línea Stack level 2
    This appears to be a common problem. I had to send mine in to tmo when it happened. The BB support said they had heard of this before and I have read it on here also. If you are out of warranty you may need to replace the handset speaker (at your own risk, of course). Someone recently posted this problem and someone out the link to buy the speaker.