Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Im so upset, I had my new pearl working fine after i set it up ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Help New pearl broken?

Advertisement

Im so upset, I had my new pearl working fine after i set it up yesterday, but last night I was trying to add a handango link t o my pearl and then it turned it self off. It keeps trying to reboot.. and a little stop watch appears, red light comes on steady and the pearl goes dark again, (ive done a battery pull about 10 different times) If I leave the battery in the pearl this cycle continues for hours....Battery in.....Pearl turns itself off....white screen, stop watch, pearl turns off red light comes on, over and over it just never launches on to icons. The desk top disk that it came with is 4.3. The only problem i had yesterday was, while i was surfing the web i kept losing internet signal and connection (having to sign on again and again). Please help im desperate to get my pearl working again But it keeps going thru, stop watch, turns itself off, steady red light, reboots, stopwatch, turns off, redlight....over and over and over!!!Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I kept seeing that in my nightmares all night!!!!! LOL! Bad OS? Bad dm? Pleases say i can fix it...I would need basic step by step.....i never wiped a blackberry or anything....
    Thanks for all help....I feel like i need crisis intervention...LOL.....Lesa

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Re: Help New pearl broken?

Ok download the latest OS from here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...2_1_108_a.html

Then install this on your computer. Just click on it and it will run.

Then find a file called vendor.alx and erase it.
    This file should be in prograb files \ common files \ research in motion\ apploader

Once you have done this only then connected the phone and start the dm.

It will take a while but should do the trick.

Good luck

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Stack

Oh yeah I assume it the 8100 you have.

PIN/ID
    ask

Thanks , but its the sprint 8130, Does that matter???

PIN/ID
    Stack

Use this OS then with the same procedure

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ilanguage.html

Hope this gets you going.

PIN/ID
    ask

Broken Pearl

Ok I posted earlier about my new pearl....it was working fine for a few hours and then i shut it self off a timer comes up and then it shuts it self off again and timer comes up again....over and over. When we plug it in to try with new hardware nothing happens except it keeps power cycling over and over.....the computer doesnt recognize it because it just keeps power cycling....any in ideas??????Is it fixable???
    Thanks Lesa

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Broken Pearl

your probally going to need to wipe it completly clean and reinstall the OS. should fix it

PIN/ID
    ask

You really think its fixable??? Please say yes....Im actually getting hopeful again, even if it keeps power cycling over and over again??? How do I do a completely wipe and clean it????Links would be great! thank you....thank you lesa

PIN/ID

most deff fixable let me get you some links

PIN/ID

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...d=5&linkid=452 download and install this and choose wipe. this WILL makes your phone a brick...with no OS on it.

then follow these directions here. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...connected.html

back up your device first before doing anything!

Yogich no está en línea Stack level 3

Fear not! I'm running Rogers, Canada, on my BB. Also, one of the 1st things I had to do on my new BB was reinstall the OS! lmao

PIN/ID
    ask

Theres is no way to back the phone up....when its plugged in to dm, it just keeps rebooting over and over. The dm doesnt recognize that any thing is plugged into it, all the while the phone screen goes from stopwatch ,red light comes on and phone turns off then stopwatch comes back and red light comes on ,and it turns off again and again, it never stops,even when plugged into the dm....it will stop only when battery is pulled. But soon as battery is back in.... stop watch comes back and it starts all over again........Still think its fixable??? How can it be fixed if the phone is stuck in this cycle and i cant use dm?? First i tried the dm that came on the disk with the phone, then i downloaded another Blackberry dm.....still doesnt recognize it...........Is there reallyan hope it will work if i cant get it to stop this and dm doesnt see it?????????????If youreally think so Ill be turning little happy flips. Maybe i should mention im not that concerned about a backup because i did a device switch from my ****8703E and still have that backup of info....but when i tried to restore that data again on my pearl last night it wouldnt let me do it....it wasnt recognized by dm and restore wasnt a clickable link at that point. It wont stop cycling......im going nuts LOL! I cant thank you enough....for trying to help me....it means alot, i love pinstack! I know this is a long reply but i kept thinking of things i forgot to mention that might help you figure this out...........You are a jewel!!!!!! LESA

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Ok, then since it keeps rebooting don't worry about a backup.
    Just start JL_cmder and wipe the device. If you need help doing this, let us know.

Once the device is wiped see if DM recognizes it, if it doesn't follow glehman's 2nd link step by step "Exactly".

If DM does recognize the device, you will need to download the latest OS for your device to your PC which can be found here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...B42B2DBB8F27B6
    Select your device from the dropdown menu.

And just curious...if you have a Pearl, why does your profile say 8703?
    If you want us to assist you best, please update your profile to reflect your most current device
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    ask

Thanks Lavagirl....sorry about the not updated profile, i just got my pearl yesterday and I had not had a chance to update it.....I just did though.... my husband is trying the suggestions....it seems i have the hour glass of doom....i hope it can be fixed. I had just applied the blackberry DST time patch when this happened...I hope i didnt break my pearl...I was so excited about it...I hope this will work...im not feeling very optimistic though.......... Keep an eye out for me ok?? Thanks Lesa

abcomputin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
    Then find a file called vendor.alx and erase it.
    This file should be in prograb files \ common files \ research in motion\ apploader
    Don't be surprised if you don't find that file, the extension is .xml. Didn't want anyone to panic because the file wasn't there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast