Ok I got a 4.2.0.73 what's the newest os and why should I upgrade and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

christianapimp no está en línea Stack level 2

help!!!!!!! new os

Advertisement

Ok I got a 4.2.0.73 what's the newest os and why should I upgrade and what will I lose what will I gain????

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6
    You can find the latest OS for your carrier by looking here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_carrier.html

OS upgrades are usually minor, fixing bugs, etc. Major upgrades (the upcoming 4.5) add new features.

If you choose to load an OS from a carrier other than your own, you also may change which features are available. If someone using a Sprint device loads a newer OS from another carrier, it takes away the ability to store your passcode along with your voicemail number.

moblo55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    you might lose color pearl!!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    If you are running stable on your current OS then there is no need to upgrade, but many like myself like to upgrade to the latest OS.
    You can find an updated OS list here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?u=3389
    You shouldn't lose anything by upgrading.

javijavi no está en línea Stack level 3
    You will usually gain very little. Personally I had to update b/c my OS was so old I was missing some major functionality. When running my pearl with a blackberry enterprise server I had no way to seperate SMS from Email messages. An OS update added this much needed feature. Other than that, no real difference.

It can be a risky procedure that could cause you some heartache if something doesnt go right. I would only do it if you feel it is absolutely necessary or add's some new capability (video recording?) that you really really want.