I recently got a Blackberry pearl 8100.. there are certain things which i hope some1 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

blaber no está en línea Stack level 2

Help needed on BB 8100

Advertisement

I recently got a Blackberry pearl 8100.. there are certain things which i hope some1 can clarify....

1.network locked
    the phone is network locked with o2 and i need to unlock it... wat is the best way of doin so???
    2. Micro SD card..
    the phone currently has a 128mb card... i wanted to upgrade it... is there a limit as to wich the memory can be expanded ...wud the phone support a 2gb or a 4gb card?????

3. Media
    i tried different softwares to convert the file to that supported on BB... i found Super C to be the best one... is there is a better one???

another problem is that ...the phone hangs wenever i play any long video.. not able to use any controls.. volume, pause etc.... and "an exceptional error" screen is displayed in long videos...

is there a solution to this problem????

can i install some different media player on to the phone which doesnt have this problem?????

4. is this phone gps enabled.... ??? ,... can i have maps loaded onto this????

i wud really appreciate if some1 can help me on this....
    thnx

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Help needed on BB 8100

Quote Originally Posted by blaber View Post
    I recently got a Blackberry pearl 8100.. there are certain things which i hope some1 can clarify....

1.network locked
    the phone is network locked with o2 and i need to unlock it... wat is the best way of doin so???
    If you purchased the phone and need it for another carrier, contact O2 and explain it to them, they may be able to unlock it for you. Also do a google search, there are many places that offer unlocking of phones.

2. Micro SD card..
    the phone currently has a 128mb card... i wanted to upgrade it... is there a limit as to wich the memory can be expanded ...wud the phone support a 2gb or a 4gb card?????
    Upgrade the BB to the latest os version and it should support up to 4 Gb cards

3. Media
    i tried different softwares to convert the file to that supported on BB... i found Super C to be the best one... is there is a better one???
    There are many around, it depends on the file types you are trying to convert. I use Slysoft to convert dvd to avi, the 4.3 DM out now will convert most files to mpeg4 for BB viewing.

another problem is that ...the phone hangs wenever i play any long video.. not able to use any controls.. volume, pause etc.... and "an exceptional error" screen is displayed in long videos...

can i install some different media player on to the phone which doesnt have this problem?????
    Upgrading the os as mentioned should help that.

4. is this phone gps enabled.... ??? ,... can i have maps loaded onto this????
    After unlocking and loading the latest os, you should be able to use BB maps with GPS, I am not familiar with O2 options so I don't know if it is locked out like Verizon does. Others here may have that answer.

hey thanx for ur feedback....
    so ..wats the best place to get the latest os???

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

The 8100 does not have built in GPS. It uses a bluetooth puck for GPS signal but it will work with BB Maps, Google Maps, and a couple of other mapping software out there.

Zo

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

hey thanx for ur feedback....
    so ..wats the best place to get the latest os???
    Read this thread, it should help. http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...2_1_108_a.html

3. Media

i wud really appreciate if some1 can help me on this....
    thnx

as suggested i uploaded the latest version of the os and now the videos hav stopped hanging and i can work on the controls as well...
    BUt the video size has reduced ..though i converted to a 352:288 video scale size using super C software... but size while playing on BB becomes small....

any solutions for this prob... is there any other converter which can help ...
    is it possible to play media full screen????

Hey...please give feedback on this.... is it possibe to play media full screen (even with the controls displayed) with the OS upgraded the video size has really reduced.....