I am in the U.K. and have bought a new Blackberry Pearl 8100 locked to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

JulianCBrown no está en línea Stack level 1

Help Needed Desperately By BB Pearl 8100 Novice!

Advertisement

I am in the U.K. and have bought a new Blackberry Pearl 8100 locked to Vodafone. I have purchased codes to unlock it.

Problem 1): When I turned it on for the first time it displayed "JVM Error 102 Reset". I followed the advice on the Blackberry Support webpage plugged in my 8100 via USB and went to the Blackberry Desktop Manager. However, under Device Application Selection where I should have selected applications was the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected". I also noticed that the Blackberry Desktop Manager was displaying "Disconnected".

Problem 2): I went to JL_Cmder and wiped the Blackberry. Now all I have is a grey screen showing a crossed-through circle with an oblong inside it and inside that a circle, a square and a triangle.
    Underneath it is "507".

Now I have a Blackberry Pearl 8100 which I can't use.

I should mention here that I am a Mac User at home and I have downloaded PocketMac on to my Intel iMac but all of the work mentioned above was carried out on a Windows PC at work.

I bought the 'phone off eBay and the seller refuses to refund or exchange.

Can someone please tell me, in nice, simple terms, how to get this 'phone working? I am new to Blackberry and I need to be helped in simple terms!

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Help Needed Desperately By BB Pearl 8100 Novice!

JulianCbrown, Have you tried a battery pull yet ? If that does not work and you recieved the phone with the error message on it when you first powered it up.

I was under the impression that E-Bay had some sort of guarantee/refund system.

There is a link "what to do if your o.s does not recognize bb."
    Have a search for it. I could not post the link.

Hope this helps Gaz

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The 507 error means that there is no os on the phone. You need to use a pc that has the desktop manager installed. You also need to download and install the os for your device. If you aren't going to use the branded os you must delete the vendor.xml. Launch desktop manager, connect the phone. It should recognize that it needs to install the os.

Hope this helps. I would have went into more detail but I'm not near a computer.

I'm still stuck! I've opened Desktop Manager on a PC and it hasn't helped!
    Under Device Application Selection where I should have selected applications was the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected". I also noticed that the Blackberry Desktop Manager was displaying "Disconnected".

Looks good BUT my Desktop Manager is STILL empty (no software) and it stills states "disconnected" at the bottom of the opening screen.

I'm probably missing an easy point here, but this is my first Blackberry - and the way things are going, my last!

JulianCbrown. have you got a BB data plan? who is your service provider ?

You will not be able to use the device without one although if you follow the info on the link i sent you should be able to install an O.S on your pearl.You need to remove vendor.xml file. go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader folder?
    try this link
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...or_themes.html

Gaz.

diesel1218 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32CAA233

Depending on what service you have, you need to download the OS from your cell carriers website and install that, then it will appear in the desktop manager under applications.
    Blackberry 8830 WORLD EDITION

Blackberry PIN - 32CAA233

MySpace http://www.myspace.com/andrews9

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

What you need to do is install the OS to your PC first. This should fix the issue

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Stacey is right. All you need to do is download the Operating system. There is a forum to all the links on where to download. Once that's done, follow the link above
    How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected. This should do it for you. Please let us know if you get it working or have other road blocks.

Got it!! Done it!! A million thanks to all you lovely people!

Now all I've got to do is to unlock it so that I can use it with my U.K. Orange mobile 'phone account and get it to sync with my Intel iMac.

Any ideas out there?

Mp55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4903f

Well I'm glad to see that you got it to work, you will soon discover the meaning of crackberry

-MP

antx16 no está en línea Stack level 3

well this is just a little off topic but if you have a recent mac with intel chip you can run a partition of windows under a software that you download from apple called bootcamp , thats what i do and it all works fine , for the syncing i use pocket mac for blackberry that syncs perfectly