Hello everyone, I was talking on my pearl, and I noticed the phone getting warmer ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mowglee no está en línea Stack level 1

HELP! my blackberry pearl overheated!

Advertisement

Hello everyone,

I was talking on my pearl, and I noticed the phone getting warmer and wamer. I look at the phone, press the pearl, and everything is working fine. Continue talking, and all of a sudden the phone shuts off. I try to turn on the phone again, starts to load, and then stays off completely. I plug it into the wall charger, nothing, no lights, plug it into the comp, same thing happens. I have not read any other posts on this happening to anyone. Please anyone with any suggestions on how to retrieve the data on my phone will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: HELP! my blackberry pearl overheated!

is the device connected in desktop manager ?
    If so you can try to do a backup.

I'm guessing you've tried pullng the battery, leave it out for maybe 20min (just so the phone cools down) connect it again and try again.

Hope your phone is within warranty!

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

This is what happened to my curve... It never came back. Try a new batt first though. It may be that. If not, you may be stuck like I was with a faulty batt connector~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mowglee no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey again guys,

Yea, my phone was connected to the device manager, but the device manager didnt even connect to it. I tried with and with out the battery. Unfortunetly, the phone is out of warranty. In terms of a faulty batter connector?!?! I definetely hope not! I really just want to transfer all my data, after that the phones going straight to a donation box!!! Thanks for replying so fast guys =]