Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

the device manager wont let you do what exactly?... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION

Advertisement

the device manager wont let you do what exactly?

pumpkin24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~this rebooting problem is insane! I hope T Mobile does something fast! It reboots during phone calls and is crazy!

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i figured out its a media card issue
    Reformat ur card and the problem is fixed

I did that this morning and it happened again this afternoon...called T-Mobile and they are aware of the problem and are waiting for a fix on it..

wareagle1984 no está en línea Stack level 1
    just got my 8120 on tueday, it's sunday and the BB has done the reboot thing at least a dozen times... contacted T-mobile and they didn't mention anything about known issues. suggested I replace my sim card or get a new phone. PS: I don't have a memory card yet so that is not the problem

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle1984 View Post
    just got my 8120 on tueday, it's sunday and the BB has done the reboot thing at least a dozen times... contacted T-mobile and they didn't mention anything about known issues. suggested I replace my sim card or get a new phone. PS: I don't have a memory card yet so that is not the problem
    ##Would be interested to find out what replacing sim does. I would download the OS from tmo. Install to ur pc and run app loader. Let it pick up any updates.

dgilli1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Same issue...

Same issue here. I tried formatting the memory card but that didn't work. I also talked to the local t-mobile store. They told me that it was a known issue and that BB/RIM is working on the fix. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for a fix?

dgilli1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Finally Fixed!!!

One T-mobile rep told me that it was a "known issue" and that I would just have to live with it until BB put out a patch or a new version of the OS. I wasn't satisfied with that answer so I went to another T-mobile store. They promptly got me a new phone and suggested replacing the SIM card, so they copied all of my info over to a new card. My old setup was rebooting during a call at least 8-10 times a day but I haven't had it happen one time since! Hope this helps someone!

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I've never had that problem. It does sound like a device issue. Hopefully a fix is on the way. I do have problems with it running slow and freezing sometimes. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I am still having rebooting problems...It hadn't happened for a while and now it seems to be happening again!! It is so annoying when ur in the middle of a business call!! or personal one for that matter!!

Keivz no está en línea Stack level 1
    This thread seems to have died down; I'm guessing there may've been a fix made available. In any event:

I just got a BB pearl 8120 and am having random reboots during calls. Very frustrating! I went to a t-mobile store today and was told to upgrade to the newest OS--turns out it already came preinstalled. They also said it's a known issue that sometimes occurs when you install apps w/o a memory card, which sounded like absolute nonsense and I let that sells rep know it. I did install epocrates recently, though, and will uninstall it tonight and try some calls tomorrow. Only 10 days left before I can exchange this thing...
    Last edited by Keivz; 06-25-2008 at 10:00 PM. Reason: grammatical error

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    If you keep having reboot problems I would definitely take it back an exchange it. It's better to be safe than sorry. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DiamondD2506 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    *Ask*
    Hi!! Thank goodness for this thread!! I just switched from a 8100 to an 8120 and everything went fine til I put the mem card in!! I copied all my files from the 8100 to my PC then formatted it on the 8100. Guess I should have formatted on the 8120 instead?? Sry it was 2am =]

Keivz no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ok,
    Got a new 8120 with a new sim card. Haven't had any reboots with 5 days of usage. I'm thinking it was just the phone I had; though I haven't installed epocrates yet. I'll post again after I give epocrates a shot.

ak0131 no está en línea Stack level 1

thx!

so glad this thread exists. i should've known it was the media card, but it never crossed my mind. thx again guys for saving me from insanity!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast