okay so i was going through my text msg yesterday and all of a sudden ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

xbabytini no está en línea Stack level 1

Arrow Help Micro Sd Problem!!

Advertisement

okay so i was going through my text msg yesterday and all of a sudden the phone froze up. i couldnt turn it off, i couldn't click on anything! so i took the battery out and put it back in again, it turned on.
    Once it turned on everything resetted itself & the format media card popped up. i didnt want to format it just in case if i still had files in there. is there any way i can recover the stuff on the micro sd? i had a lot of important stuff on there.
    i tried to hook it up to the computer but it said to insert disk!?

can someone help me pleaseee!

--Tini [:

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I dont think you should have to format it again if you've already done it. Just a battery pull would not necessitate reformatting your SD card. If it wont let you access anything without a format, and you didnt back it up on your PC, could you get the larger SD adapter and put that directly into your PC?

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    just put it in the adapter, and that goes into the computer?

should work just fine.

mjohansing no está en línea Stack level 2
    That's my first thought. Put the micro card into the adapter and you should be able to back that up, also can you use desktop mgr with your BB?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    I dont think you should have to format it again if you've already done it. Just a battery pull would not necessitate reformatting your SD card. If it wont let you access anything without a format, and you didnt back it up on your PC, could you get the larger SD adapter and put that directly into your PC?
    i dont wanna sound stupid or anything but whats an adapter? i'm a girl so i dont really know alot about computer! lol

mjohansing no está en línea Stack level 2
    When you purchased your Micro SD Card it should have come with an adapter, it looks like a normal SD Card, and it has an open slot where you can insert the Micro into it. A Computer cannot accept a Micro SD, thats why you need the adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by mjohansing View Post
    When you purchased your Micro SD Card it should have come with an adapter, it looks like a normal SD Card, and it has an open slot where you can insert the Micro into it. A Computer cannot accept a Micro SD, thats why you need the adapter.
    oh ok. i got that! so how do i hook it up to my computer?

capo14 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ or just plug ur cellphone to the PC.then go to my computer,double click on ur phone and u gonna see all ur files (microSD)

usmcangel no está en línea Stack level 2
    My phoen kinda did the same thing today it didnt freeze but i got a message saying error on micro sd scan disk. no matter what i did it kept happenin and all my media wouldnt work on my phone. i had to plug my phone in backup my media card reformat it then reload the media took about 15 minutes and works great again.
    Stasha

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    Quote Originally Posted by xbabytini View Post
    okay so i was going through my text msg yesterday and all of a sudden the phone froze up. i couldnt turn it off, i couldn't click on anything! so i took the battery out and put it back in again, it turned on.
    Once it turned on everything resetted itself & the format media card popped up. i didnt want to format it just in case if i still had files in there. is there any way i can recover the stuff on the micro sd? i had a lot of important stuff on there.
    i tried to hook it up to the computer but it said to insert disk!?

can someone help me pleaseee!

--Tini [:
    do you have content protection enabled? or did you have protection on the sd card?

i did hook it up to my phone to the computer and clicked on my computer and it said that i had to insert a disk. i cant back anything up since the computer says that there are no files on the card. & yes i did have protection on the sd card!