Okay, so i need some advice or something. This is my second BB pearl. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

wtee85 no está en línea Stack level 1

Help me with my BB Pearl please...

Advertisement

Okay, so i need some advice or something. This is my second BB pearl. I would assume its the first generation one. I sent my first one off back to my phone carrier because it was having some odd problems and they send me a new one. Well this new phone ive had for a few months now and its causing me some problems.

It all started the other night when i was sleeping. It woke me up going straight to the voice dialing. I do not press the button for this. When the phone is on and just sitting there it cycles through the voice dialing. I dont even have to press the button on voice dial. If i exit out of the voice dialing it will go back to the main menu like it is supposed to, then a few seconds later it goes straight back to voice dialing. Has anybody ever had this problem? This phone is out of warranty and i really dont even know what i should do. As i type the phone keeps cycling to voice dialing....It also has never been dropped.

Please any help would be appreciated...

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Im not a tech, but it sounds like you have some OS issues. Maybe try downloading the OS back into your phone, but remember to back up all your saved data

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    You should still have your 1yr warranty available. But, I agree with chokem about reinstalling your OS. I bet that will work. Let us know if you need help installing it. Who is your carrier? There isn't any info provided on your profile.

wtee85 no está en línea Stack level 1
    My carrier is T-mobile. When i was having troubles with my last Pearl, i sent it in to get a new one. The lady on the phone said my warranty was going to expire in a month from me getting my new phone. So apparently im warrantless. Even though this is a new phone they sent me it still uses my old warranty which is odd. No i do not know how to reinstall my OS, any easy links, or can someone easily tell me how?

Thanks a bunch, if you have any more questions or comments please feel free to say them.

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    Pardon me for being a tad vague but I think that @ the top if the 8130 section there is instructions on uploading your software. I am sorry that I am not a ton of help b\c I am on mt berry and am not sure how to search and post links but the os software thread is out there just give it a quick search and you will be sure to find it. Regards chad via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Here's a walk through.

Connect your 8100 to your PC. Open Desktop Manager then Backup and Restore. Click on Backup and let it back up your BB.

Install the latest 8100 (not 8130) OS on your PC.

Delete the vendor.xml file by going to Start>Search>type in vendor.xml> Highlight and delete.

Connect BB to PC using the USB cable.

Open Application Loader. It should detect that an upgrade is available. Follow all prompts and let it install (can take up to 1 hour or more).

When the phone comes back on (you see the home screen), restore the back up you made in Step 1. This can take 2 minutes or less.

Disconnect the BB from the PC when the home screen comes up.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Here is a link to the software download page from T-Mobile:

http://tmobile.infospace.com/tmweb/(...px?deviceID=25

First thing is to delete the .xml file. Deleting the .xml vendor file is scary the first time, so don't be nervous. Go to start, my computer, click on local hard disk C, click on program files, click on common files, click on Research in Motion, click on app loader, look for the file that says vender .xml, right click on that one file and delete it.

Click on the link I gave you and download the Handheld 4.2.107. Then run the download to install it.

Now you can hook your phone up to the usb and connect to your BB software DM and click app loader. It will recognize your OS and ask you to download it. Add backup to the install and click next, it will take awhile to download and that should be it. Do not disconnect the phone until the install is finished and it says close. Good Luck
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 04-26-2008 at 12:52 AM.

DOCRAY no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi twee

I feel your pain. You get a new phone with almost no time left on the warrentee.
    My second 8100 ear speaker is shot and 110 to the insurance will get me a used
    referbished phone. Well I was in the Post Office yesterday and the guy in front
    of me was fooling with his Pearl so I asked him if he liked the phone or had problems with it. He tells me its his third one in a year and in the first two the
    ear speaker failed (ATT). So I have had the same issue twice. There should be a recall on these phones since they have a design fault that BB knows about but doesnt care about their customers.