I used to have the browser icon up, but then i loaded the desktop manager ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

drumgeek173 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Help me with finding the browser icon!

Advertisement

I used to have the browser icon up, but then i loaded the desktop manager from the cd that came with my new phone, and it disappeared. i need help getting it back! please help, i have been trying to figure this out for six hours.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Help me with finding the browser icon!

DesertBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

You can also try:

Options->advanced Options->Host Routing Table, click on the menu button and register now. Try it 2 or 3 times if it doesn't work. It fixed me up just recently.

YoungMon707 no está en línea Stack level 1

Yea bruh the guy above me is right... click the bolded 1 and click register now and reboot your BB and there

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

You got one of the Pearls with the bricked up DM application on the CD. The cure is to download the newest Desktop Manager, 4.2 SP2, and install it to your desktop. You then need to download and install the most recent OS available for your phone from your carrier. Resetting the HRT may work short term, but until you replace the DM and the OS, this issue will keep repeating itself.

Follow the walkthrough that is in the link Reddog gave you, you'll be fine. If you have any problems, post back here and one of us will get you back on track.

Welcome to the Stacks.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

drumgeek173 no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks to everyone, i got my internet back! now onto the new question, how to put music onto my phone? will itunes work? also, will mp4's work?
    God bless you.

DesertBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

Itunes will not work if it is DRMed. Never tried MP4s I always convert to MP3 from Itunes.

Use the USB cable and make sure mass storage is on on your pearl phone. Then it shows up just like a new drive.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

if you're using newest DM with SP2 then you can use the Roxio Media manager (overkill i know) but it should convert your mp4s into mp3s that'll be useable on the BB...however anything bought through iTunes will not work thanks to RIAA...same goes for videos onto your BB