hi im vivek,i got bb pearl 8100 ATT cingular one that to one my friend ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

corvettehhh no está en línea Stack level 1

help me urgent

Advertisement

hi im vivek,i got bb pearl 8100 ATT cingular one that to one my friend i tought to use it for a month but bad luck,actually my bb was restarting often so i thought to reinstall os.so i wiped the device using JL_Cmder and im getting error 507 wat to do i getting mad here

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Error 507 means there's no OS on the device (which is just what a JL_Cmder wipe does - wipe everything including the OS off the device!). Just reinstall the OS and you'll be fine.
    JerryD

saukrateaz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Check the tread installing the OS when the device won't recognize on a computer. That will help. Its usually in todays posts. Sorry I can't grab the actual link right now.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    Quote Originally Posted by corvettehhh View Post
    hi im vivek,i got bb pearl 8100 ATT cingular one that to one my friend i tought to use it for a month but bad luck,actually my bb was restarting often so i thought to reinstall os.so i wiped the device using JL_Cmder and im getting error 507 wat to do i getting mad here

here is a link for upgrading your OS, hope it helps and if you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html

fsjon no está en línea Stack level 1
    i'm having the same problem as well...what do i do once i got the 507 error?? how do i install the os back onto the device when it's all wiped out??

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    try this out. good luck and tell me if you run into any problems.

Note: If you are connecting via a USB HUB then these instructions may not work. Try connecting via USB on a PC that is not using a HUB

1. Disconnect the device from the PC
    2. Download and install Desktop Manager and the Handheld OS to the PC (if they have not already been installed):

1. Start a Command Prompt in DOS from the PC (Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> Command Prompt)
    2. Change the directory to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    • If you do not know how to navigate to this directory follow instructions in 2a)
    2a) From C:\ prompt type: cd Program Files <hit enter> cd Common Files <hit enter> cd Research In Motion <hit enter> cd AppLoader <hit enter>3. Make sure Desktop Manager is not running
    4. Connect BlackBerry to the PC
    5. Enter the following command in the Command Prompt window:
    loader.exe /nojvm

1. The Application Loader Wizard window will open
    2. Click on Next
    3. You will get a drop down list with the COM ports and one USB port entry
    4. Select the one which says USB:UNKNOWN
    • If you do not see USB:UNKNOWN or USB:BBPIN, then follow instructions listed in a1-a5:
    a1) Disconnect the device from the PC. a2) Keep the Application Loader Wizard window open a3) Remove the battery and put it back a4) While the red led is on, reconnect the device to the PC. The led will only stay on for a few seconds a5) When USB:UNKNOWN appears in the drop down list, you need to immediately select Next

5. The loader should now connect to your device and you will be able to reinstall the OS

for the Handheld OS to the PC software, is it the BB handheld software v2.7a from the blackberry website??

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    what device do you have and who is your carrier?

it's unlocked 8100 from tmobile...i'm on rogers in canada

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    this is the most up to date rogers 8100 OS 4.2.1.109

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C068A355BBA31A

i believe that is the one i got now...but i got it working!!! just have to try the reinserting the battery thing a few times. now i'm just waiting on the hour glass screen.

hurray!! it's working now...but nope just the 4.2.1.101, is it worth the trouble to go to 109?

Thanks a million, no word can describe how greatful i'm for your help!!!

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    Aaaaand welcome to the stacks! Lol.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

haha, thanks king! and i got it updated to v .109 that time it went flawlessly and i have already noticed a lot of changes from .54. a great hand of applaus to virex for helping me out!

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    Quote Originally Posted by fsjon View Post
    haha, thanks king! and i got it updated to v .109 that time it went flawlessly and i have already noticed a lot of changes from .54. a great hand of applaus to virex for helping me out!

your very welcome