Hello! I am a curve user myself, but I need some help w/ a pearl. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

musiklovrboi no está en línea Stack level 2

help me help my friend!

Advertisement

Hello!

I am a curve user myself, but I need some help w/ a pearl. My friend recently got a pearl from tmobile and she is having some issues w/ the password function. It always asks her for it. I tried to disable the pswrd function but the menu for it is diffrent than my curve menu.

I can either enable or disable on my curve but her pearl doesn't give me these options.

Can anyone help me help her please?

It is the only thing that's buggin her, other than that she's a crackberry addict now, mwahaha!

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Have her check the it policy first. If there is a policy in place then she may have gotten a used pearl that someone had connected to a corporate environment prior to her getting the unit (assuming she got a brand new 8120). If there is no IT policy, she may need to do a full wipe and reinstall of the OS.

Zo

musiklovrboi no está en línea Stack level 2
    yes I think she got a used one, and I was curious about the full swipe option but hesitated to tell her because since ive never done that I didnt know what that was gonna do. I didnt want to be responsiblr for a blank berry!

were college students so we have no need for IT anything so if we do a ddevice swipe what will it do?

will it be too complicated to reinstall whatever she needs to reinstall?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    A device wipe will wipe the following:

Device Password
    3rd Party Apps
    Personal Information

Her BB will look just like it did when she opened the box. Only the preloaded apps from RIM/T-Mobile will be there.

Have her go into Options>Security and scroll down to the bottom. I forgot what it says (My BB's have never been on a BES with IT policies) but this will also be wiped. However, if it's still attached to a BES, the policy may be reapplied if the OS is reloaded.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    It is options/security options/general settings/then hit menu and that's where the wipe option is. Mine gives you the option to choose to wipe 3rd party apps. If you don't check it, then it may keep them.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    A device wipe will wipe the following:

Device Password
    3rd Party Apps
    Personal Information

Her BB will look just like it did when she opened the box. Only the preloaded apps from RIM/T-Mobile will be there.

Have her go into Options>Security and scroll down to the bottom. I forgot what it says (My BB's have never been on a BES with IT policies) but this will also be wiped. However, if it's still attached to a BES, the policy may be reapplied if the OS is reloaded.
    Actually wiping it won't remove the IT policy. IT Policies get embedded at a low level (lower than the OS itself) and require a different process to remove them. Hopefully there isn't one in place. If there is, there are instructions on here we can direct you towards to remove that policy.

Zo