I just updated my 8120 to OS 4.5, which is working great so ... BlackBerry Pearl forum
HELP - Lost folder icons and default media
I just updated my 8120 to OS 4.5, which is working great so far, but i have one problem.
Somewhere in the process of the update, i lost all of the folder icons and wallpapers that came preloaded. Wallpapers are not that big of a deal, but i have like 5 folders and used the icons to easily tell them apart.
From my reading, it sounds like i'm missing the "media 240x260" cod file, but i can't find a way to reload it through the backup / restore, nor the app-loader.
Can anyone tell me how to retrieve these?
Your help is greatly appreciated
~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~did u try explore and c if u c it there
I have the same problem. I just upgraded last night and lost all mine as well. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
Has anyone found a resolution to this? I'm having the same issue.
I am also having the same problem on both my 8100 and 8320.
It's a rather simple process, but requires a few steps and a little editing.
1) Locate the file named "net_rim_bb_media_240x260_b.cod".
Should be in something like "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8120-v18.104.22.168_P22.214.171.124\Java\"
2) Copy this file to your new 4.5 install directory.
For the newest 4.5 OS, it would be "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8120-v126.96.36.199_P188.8.131.52\Java\"
3) Open your "Blackberry.alx" file located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8120-v184.108.40.206_P220.127.116.11\" in a text editor such as WordPad.
4) Search for the string "<fileset radio="GPRS-WLAN" Java="1.0">"
5) Add a reference to the file you just copied by typing in "net_rim_bb_media_240x260_b.cod" under the statement,
<fileset radio="CDMA" Java="1.0">
6) Save the file. Close it and open DM. It should now have an update for the Core Applications. You're all set.
I tried to copy the link from a previous Pinstack post by Luckman about fixing this, but kept receiving an error about an unspecified thread.
Tags for this Thread