Hi all, I just updated my 8120 to OS 4.5, which is working great so ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

fredlewis2 no está en línea Stack level 1

HELP - Lost folder icons and default media

Hi all,

I just updated my 8120 to OS 4.5, which is working great so far, but i have one problem.

Somewhere in the process of the update, i lost all of the folder icons and wallpapers that came preloaded. Wallpapers are not that big of a deal, but i have like 5 folders and used the icons to easily tell them apart.

From my reading, it sounds like i'm missing the "media 240x260" cod file, but i can't find a way to reload it through the backup / restore, nor the app-loader.

Can anyone tell me how to retrieve these?

Your help is greatly appreciated

Yidy no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB ( u try explore and c if u c it there

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I have the same problem. I just upgraded last night and lost all mine as well. ~via BB (

sherlockphones no está en línea Stack level 1
    Has anyone found a resolution to this? I'm having the same issue.

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am also having the same problem on both my 8100 and 8320.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    It's a rather simple process, but requires a few steps and a little editing.

1) Locate the file named "net_rim_bb_media_240x260_b.cod".
    Should be in something like "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8120-v4.3.0.115_P2.6.0.64\Java\"

2) Copy this file to your new 4.5 install directory.
    For the newest 4.5 OS, it would be "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8120-v4.5.0.55_P2.7.0.68\Java\"

3) Open your "Blackberry.alx" file located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8120-v4.5.0.55_P2.7.0.68\" in a text editor such as WordPad.

4) Search for the string "<fileset radio="GPRS-WLAN" Java="1.0">"

5) Add a reference to the file you just copied by typing in "net_rim_bb_media_240x260_b.cod" under the statement,

<fileset radio="CDMA" Java="1.0">

6) Save the file. Close it and open DM. It should now have an update for the Core Applications. You're all set.

I tried to copy the link from a previous Pinstack post by Luckman about fixing this, but kept receiving an error about an unspecified thread.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS