i really like this phone, but it just seems like this phone lacks something. my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bbpearlrox no está en línea Stack level 3

HELP!!! Losing interest in the Pearl

Advertisement

i really like this phone, but it just seems like this phone lacks something. my gripes are that i enjoy watching full movies on my phone, i found a website at phonevidz.com but i can't find that link anymore to the movies. also i've gone through the download programs for blackberry and i've used them all.

Also the calendar isn't really efficient and what i'm looking for. The support by Tmobile with updates haven't been too apparent, the call lag is my biggest issue. i guess im over expecting more support and 3rd party services since this phone has already passed my expectations. does it makes sense that since this phone is so good, i want it to be even better now? i dont know, i'm losing a lot of interest due to the lack of quality stuff i can put on it now. I have a 2gb card, i have quite a few mp3s, i have some full length movies, and a few games here and there, but i'm running out of things to do.

any suggestions for sites to get full length movies and games for free? any cool new programs i can download for free? help me, i don't want to let this phone go! my blackberry's life rests in your hands!

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: HELP!!! Losing interest in the Pearl

umm.. I don't know how Hayden/Pinstack feels about posting links to copyright infringement sites so I'll just say, "use bittorrent". It's a great way to get software, movies, music and basically all your media needs. I'd suggest using Azureus.

the call lag is fixed in the .71 upgrade from .64. tmobile hasn't released an official version for the carrier, but you can always d/l cingular's or another providers and remove their vender .xml.

I use JiveTalk/bb messenger the most. The rest of my 3rd party apps basically sit there. I occasionally drag an episode of a tv show onto my phone (usually if I was too busy to watch the night before and I can't wait to get home to see it).

if multimedia is your main concern though, blackberry might not be for you at the moment. its strongest point is (and probably will always be) email & security. if you are looking for a meatier media phone with streaming tv, etc. you should look at the blackjack.

NerdWeez no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30f8565e

any suggestions for sites to get full length movies and games for free?
    Would you be mad if I stole from you?
    "What does it profit a man to gain the whole world yet lose his soul?" -Jesus Christ

blackninja - thank you for your constructive info. hopefully i can find some more stuff for the pearl in the coming weeks. i dont want just media, i love the sure type and email structure of this phone. its exactly what i want, i guess i'm just expecting too much from this phone.

nerdweez - well is there a way i can purchase some movies that are formatted for the pearl then? i don't mind spending a few bucks to have a library of movies on me when i'm on my road trips and out while the lady is shopping. i'm not trying to spread piracy, but i didn't know that blackberry has special formats of movies we can buy like psp has the umd movies and such.

NerdWeez no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30f8565e

I don't think so. Do whatever you want, I'm just reminding you that it is theft. No different than me taking money out of your bank account. You can convert your own movies or just steal them. Since the law is not important you could also start selling ecstasy for some extra bucks, why not? I'm just messing with you, do whatever you want. Bittorrent or DC++.
    "What does it profit a man to gain the whole world yet lose his soul?" -Jesus Christ

PIN/ID
    spam=no

bbpearlrox, I use an easy conversion tool called Blackberry Video Creator. It is specifically made for the 8100. best mix of filesize/clarity that I've seen from any of the different 8100 video tools.

thanks for your input.

birus2095 no está en línea Stack level 2

video recording hope they do some thing about it soon.

lux
    lux no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by NerdWeez
    I'm just reminding you that it is theft. No different than me taking money out of your bank account.
    To be accurate, it would be more like me taking a photocopier to your bank, making some copies of your money, and then leaving with fresh counterfit bills.... Small difference.

not really trying to advocate filesharing, but I tend to get annoyed at the claims that media piracy is like stealing money. The truth, as we all know is a far more complex concept of material interest and elastic demand....

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by lux
    The truth, as we all know is a far more complex concept of material interest and elastic demand....
    you sures is smarts if I dun eva seen it, ayes sur.

lux
    lux no está en línea Stack level 2

I like to try and confuse the RIAA types that like to read over my shoulder.