Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just bought a blackberry red pearl today, switching from a Treo 650 and I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

RedPearlTX no está en línea Stack level 1

Help!! Just bought a Red Pearl... new to blackberry

Advertisement

I just bought a blackberry red pearl today, switching from a Treo 650 and I can't get used to the thing!
    I absolutely hate how it asks if the letters I've typed in are really what I want, my screen goes dim, and I can only get it to let me put ONE of my RoadRunner e-mail accounts on it.

I do like how the typing is for passwords... is there a way to set it to that??

It didn't come with a very good instruction manual. Is there one online somewhere??

Oh it's a Cingluar/AT&T pearl.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

Re: Help!! Just bought a Red Pearl... new to blackberry

now now now....calm down a bit, it's going to take some time to get used to...think you came from a treo 650 TOTALLY different than the blackberry pearl...you will love it after awhile

if you need help feel free to ask

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

You will survive The pearl is much better than a Treo because it can multi task and it is small and easy to use once you get used to it.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Suretype gets a little getting use to. IT will learn from you eventually give it time.

The auto-dim is an option...the only way to get the option off is to upgrade the OS. They took it away in your OS, you can get it back if you use load the Rogers 1.94 OS.

I would give this a read through http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/BlackBerryFAQ.html It will answer alot of questions.

Good Luck
    ~red

p.s. Welcome to the Stacks!

Oh I'm sure I'll end up adoring it... I'm just frustrated I have to download the manual on the CD and it's almost 300 pages long.

I did find on the manual though something about "Multi-tap". I think I want that, and I went to options --> Language, but I don't see how to get the Input Language to Multi-tap.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Oh you may want to go here and get the latest Desktop Manager. Service Pak 2
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

There has been a problem with the Disk that comes with the pearls

Good Luck
    ~red

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

There is nothing wrong with using Multi-Tap for your messaging. A lot of the users in this forum do. However, I would suggest giving SureType a try. There is a learning curve, it will take you a couple of days of getting used to it. But once your phone builds its custom wordlist (which it does automatically as you use it) and you start getting used to the input, you'll be very pleased with it.

It only took me 2-3 days to adjust, now I love it.

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It took me 2-3 days to adjust to the pearl too. Now I can type without looking at the keys anymore. If you use your pearl enough you'll find things get easier as you adjust to it. I have a Cingular 8125 as well and I haven't used it since I got my pearl. Regarding the autodim feature, like reddog187 said, you'll have to upgrade your OS. I did it 2 days after I got my phone and its been smooth sailing since.

tmotechgrl no está en línea Stack level 2

I also agree with the others about giving suretype a chance, but if you want to change to multi tap, you could either press and hold the */sym key or press menu and the selectswitch to multi tap while you are in a message. And just as a warning, sometime if you leave it on multi tap you might get ABC stuck on the home screen and then you won't be able to place a call. You will need to switch it back to suretype to resolve.
    Again, give it a try every one feels the same in the begining!

I've been hearing lots of complants lately with intergrating roadrunner accounts, not sure what's up with that though. Sorry.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Youngblood no está en línea Stack level 2

Reddog187,

Thank You!! for the post and link for the updated Desktop Manager. I used the CD for my first Pearl before I found this great site. I tried to load a MP3 for a ringtone using Bluetooth but had no luck. They I loaded the CD and tried using the desktop manager (via USB cable) and it corrupted my ringtones on the phone already. I was unable to play them at all. I took the Pearl back and got another one and I don't want to make the same mistake twice. Also can the MP3's be BT's in and if not would be better to put them on a SD card instead of a folder. Thanks to all of you who has answered many of the questions out there. You guys "Rock"..
    Last edited by Youngblood; 06-04-2007 at 10:24 AM.

I think I'm going to go swap this for the new curve. I really am NOT liking it... it's become more of a PITA than my Treo was to carry around.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPearlTX
    I think I'm going to go swap this for the new curve. I really am NOT liking it... it's become more of a PITA than my Treo was to carry around.
    -

That might not be a bad idea, if your still in the free return period. I find the Curve much better. Sure-Type is great as long as you don't type the wrong letter. After that it is extremely frustrating.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    -

That might not be a bad idea, if your still in the free return period. I find the Curve much better. Sure-Type is great as long as you don't type the wrong letter. After that it is extremely frustrating.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Also agree. Coming from QWERTY to suretype can be VERY frustrating for some. Including me.

There are others who adapt easily however.

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

upgrade to 4.2.1.194 and that will clear up the screen DIM issue.

it's a built in feature that auto-adjusts the sceen brightness according to the environment. But it doesn't work very well, and the option to disable it was rolled into the 4.2.1.194 release.

it will also update you BBP with allot of other stuff so fire away.

Where do I go to download all of these things??

The blackberry internet service asks me to log in, but I've never made an account-- I go to create a new account and it says I've already got one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast