Hi guys, i'm new to this forum just got here. I've gone through hell with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

katlyketheef no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Help! internal mic problems

Advertisement

Hi guys, i'm new to this forum just got here.
    I've gone through hell with my AT&T 8100 pearl and i swear i'm going to go crazy.
    it fell out of my pocket and got ran over (GAH!), and the lcd screen busted. so i ordered parts off of ebay and all i needed was an lcd screen and the plastic housing,
    which i replaced myself and (i'm very proud) i did a magnificent job of installing it. it works great.
    everything works fine but i tried calling my friend and i realized that the microphone is broken.
    so i can text, and i can listen to music, and i can do everything, except use the phone for well a phone.
    is there ANYTHING i can do? anything at all? i've been looking around at mic install but i'm afraid that its in the motherboard and i wont be able to fix it. please help me!!!!
    thank you!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: Help! internal mic problems

unfortunately if it won't work then you'll juist have to use a bluetoot headset for it. I decided to tear apart a 7100, and i got it all apart and I superglued the keypad to the motherboard and just left it like that, no housing or anything...well i busted the mic as well, so i just used a bluetooth headset all the time for my calls. worked fine for me that way
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

I have no advice but OUCH, my BB's in pain after I told it your story!!!!! Good job doing what you did, there's lots of people here that do amazing things to fix their BBs, hopefully one can help you. Welcome to pinstack!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

katlyketheef no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey guys i'm so glad that i did some research! looks like my phone works great, i found the cylindrical button that fits into the phone's housing, which is the mic, i just forgot to put it in there when i called
    so this is a horror story gone good !!!! yay!!
    i'm so happy, i've got a really bad cold and this just topped the cake but now my phone finally works,
    but thanks for the advice i really appreciate it!
    thank you