Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi, so when i got my pearl i realized it didnt have a browser but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Sachvie no está en línea Stack level 2

Help I never had a browser....

Advertisement

Hi, so when i got my pearl i realized it didnt have a browser but i didnt care because i wasent payin for it at the time, and now i am and i dont have one...i tried to update my OS and everything but it still dosent seem to be there? IS there anything else it could be? My connection settings or something? thanks

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Help I never had a browser....

Quote Originally Posted by Sachvie
    Hi, so when i got my pearl i realized it didnt have a browser but i didnt care because i wasent payin for it at the time, and now i am and i dont have one...i tried to update my OS and everything but it still dosent seem to be there? IS there anything else it could be? My connection settings or something? thanks
    Go into menu options network and make sure data service is on. if it is go into options, advanced options, host routing table, menu register now. Give it a couple of mins and see if the browser icon pops up. if not pull battery with the phone on and put back. And if that does not work call your carrier to get the service books resent.

thanks for the reply. I did that, and it said.."registration message sent"..now what?

thanks for the reply. I did that, and it said.."registration message sent"..now what?
    give it 2 or 3 mins and if the browser does not pop up pull the battery with the phone on.

alright ill do that

alright, so nothing happened....i dont even kno what the browser looks like cause i have never seen it. But ya...nothin there. I get an "uncaught exception" whenever i start the phone, could that be a problem?

alright, so nothing happened....i dont even kno what the browser looks like cause i have never seen it. But ya...nothin there. I get an "uncaught exception" whenever i start the phone, could that be a problem?
    could be , the icon is a globe with a yellow arrow spinning around it. Even if it is not causing the browser issue you want to get an uncaught exception fixed. It is a software issue. use http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...are_links.html to get the software and http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html on how to load it on the phone. make sure you back up your info first though.

i already did that like 30mins ago i did all the updates and all that stuff...

i already did that like 30mins ago i didnt the updates and all that stuff...
    What os are you running? If you have an uncaught exception something is wrong woth the software that is loaded on the phone. Do you have any third party programs? Themes?

i just got this one...."Uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.system.controlledaccessexceptio n" i have like one theme, and the stopwatch program....

and i am running version 4.2.1.94
    Last edited by Sachvie; 09-15-2007 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Automerged.

ive gone through everything! and still has that error! and i dont have the internet...*%&*#$&%*@#&$!!!

Run the application loader and remove both the theme and the stopwatch and see if you get the same error.

OOoooOOOooOo, i didnt get the error this time when i did a batt pull. Ive already done about 10batt pulls today, so im not goin to do another one at this moment just to see if the exception isint there, but i havent seen it yet. So say thats fixed, i still dont have internet

should i just call my carrier?
    Last edited by Sachvie; 09-15-2007 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Automerged.

alright so im sorry for all this confusion and i should have just called them in the first place, see i dont have a BB data plan, i was unaware that you needed a specific data plan, cause the plan i have now does include data....but i didnt realize that you HAD to be a BB data plan. Thanks for all your help and sorry for my mistake!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast