Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by bcuzi8paintchips I have passed your problem on to the moderation team. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Taz6 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: HELP! i deleted something i didn't mean to!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bcuzi8paintchips
    I have passed your problem on to the moderation team. I assure you someone will be able to help you shortly.

Welcome to PinStack!

Jim
    Cheers, Jim. You're a gent! I have another issue around not being able to get Beamberry to work and getting the 'Uncaught Exception: java.lang.error' and in searching for other instances of this on this forum found this entry:

I'm aware of two things that can cause this error.

(1) Make sure you have Memopad and Tasks installed. I deleted these (because I never use them), but got the java.lang.error. So I reinstalled them and it works fine.

(2) Make sure BBcorrector's application permissions are all set to default or "allow" changing the permissions to "deny" has also resulted in the java.lang.error.

Judging by the first pint, it looks like if I can get my memo pad reinstalled I can kill two issues with one stone!! I'll sit tight and wait to hear from a moderator...

Thanks again.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Taz,

I'm going to provide a method, that I think will work to get your Memopad app back. It's a little drastic but it should work. Just remember to follow all the instructions to the letter and be very patient. And Do a Backup before starting this procedure.

Here goes.
    Complete Wipe from the start

1. Start by Downloading and installing JL_Cmder, see that link for instructions.
    2. Download and execute on your PC the latest software for your Model BB. See this thread for links to the sofware download site for your carrier, Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier).
    3. Connect you BB to you PC
    4. Open JL_Cmder,
    5. Select the Wipe Option (5)
    6. Follow the instructions in this thread very carefully, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected

Hope this helps, It worked for me.
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Taz,

I'm going to provide a method, that I think will work to get your Memopad app back. It's a little drastic but it should work. Just remember to follow all the instructions to the letter and be very patient. And Do a Backup before starting this procedure.

Here goes.
    Complete Wipe from the start
    1. Start by Downloading and installing JL_Cmder, see that link for instructions.
    2. Download and execute on your PC the latest software for your Model BB. See this thread for links to the sofware download site for your carrier, Blackberry OS Software links (by carrier).
    3. Connect you BB to you PC
    4. Open JL_Cmder,
    5. Select the Wipe Option (5)
    6. Follow the instructions in this thread very carefully, How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't recognize The Device Is Connected

Hope this helps, It worked for me.
    Rcbjr
    Thanks for this info!

Just before I go this route, would either installing just hte memo pad (if I could get BB to send me just that app?) or reinstalling the OS also fix this problem?

Reinstalling the OS via my service providers website would be easy enough but if I did that I'd lose all the other apps I've added since, right? I have to go back an reinstall those afterwards as well, right?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Well, since the Memo Pad App is part of the OS/Installed Apps, I'm afraid the only way to get it back is to re-install the OS, unless you can find it in the Apps Loader List to put a check mark by it.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I just checked an My Apps Loader has the MemoPad App listed with a check box to control it. You might want to check again. It's down near the bottom of the RIM apps list, near Password Keeper and Tasks.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

I just checked an My Apps Loader has the MemoPad App listed with a check box to control it. You might want to check again. It's down near the bottom of the RIM apps list, near Password Keeper and Tasks.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.

I just opened App Loader and all I have listed is the following...

Gmail action - none size - 183k
    Sudoku action - none size - 165k
    Texas Hold 'Em action - none size - 283k
    Whiteboard action - none size - 79k
    Grid magic action - none size - 285

Other requred application and libraries - 0k

Weird, huh? I have password keeper on my PEalr still, although it's hidden - but shouldn't it still be listed?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    not sure where you are but do this.

make sure you have an operating system loaded on your computer. preferably the same that is on your phone now.

connect via usb to desktop manager.

click on add/remove programs

click through until you see a big list of things.

the blackberry attachment, blackberry os, browser, etc.

scroll down that list until you get to memo pad.

check mark the box next to memo pad.

click next or finish.

memo pad will be installed.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

also. if that's all you have listed in the app loader, it sounds like you don't have an OS on your computer.

you will need to get that before trying to load the memo pad.

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    also. if that's all you have listed in the app loader, it sounds like you don't have an OS on your computer.

you will need to get that before trying to load the memo pad.
    More great advice! You folks really are ace! Where would I get an OS from comouter from? BB? My cell service provider? Once I've found one what do I need to do with it? Load it to my PC desktop? It won't affect Windows XP on my PC, will it?

As you can tell, I'm not especially techy! Perhaps the Pearl was the wrong phone for me then!?!

One other quick thing - I use this phone primarily for work and go thru our company's enterprise server - does that have a bearing on anything?

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Well enterprise is going to help, but it shouldn't be a problem in this instance from what I am assuming (but I may be incorrect).

What carrier to you use? Easiest would be to go their site and see if they have the OS listed (most do).

Or go to www.dynoplex.com
    then at the top click on support then links for carrier sites, and you will find the download there.

Try downloading the same version you have on your device now so that it doesn't want to take you through an upgrade and having to reregsiter on the BES and all that good stuff.

The way you can find out your OS version is to go Options-Advanced Options-About on our pearl. It will be 4.2.something. The point something is what you want to try and match.

hope this helps?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Thanks for covering for me N8, I didn't have a chance to get back to this problem until the server crash.

Taz, have you gotten this worked out?

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Thanks for covering for me N8, I didn't have a chance to get back to this problem until the server crash.

Taz, have you gotten this worked out?

Rcbjr
    Sorted! Thank you SO much everyone on this forum and especially this thread! This forum really does ROCK!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12