Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I deleted an app by mistake whilst clearing out others! It said that it wouldn't ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Taz6 no está en línea Stack level 2

HELP! i deleted something i didn't mean to!

Advertisement

I deleted an app by mistake whilst clearing out others! It said that it wouldn't delete the app totally until I turned off and restarted my Pearl - so I haven't done that yet!

How can I stop this app from being totally deleted?

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: HELP! i deleted something i didn't mean to!

if you have deleted the app already, there's no way go undo it. Just re-install it. Goodluck

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by Taz6
    I deleted an app by mistake whilst clearing out others! It said that it wouldn't delete the app totally until I turned off and restarted my Pearl - so I haven't done that yet!

How can I stop this app from being totally deleted?
    you can reload it thru the app loader, if it's something you have saved in your pc. If it's an OTA, such as games, you will have to go back to the game site and reload. Same with any other OTA app. If you accidentally deleted a system app, when you hook up to DM, you just go thru app loader, check the box next to what you deleted, and continue.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

If it was something that was already on the device you might have to download the software are reinstall it through the application loader~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge
    If it was something that was already on the device you might have to download the software are reinstall it through the application loader~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    deleting on your device doesn't delete it from the software on your pc. You wouldn't have to reload the software if you deleted it only on your device. when you start up the app loader, all the programs will still be there. The box next to what you deleted on your device will be unchecked. all you have to do is check it, and continue with the loader.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You guys are awesome! I love this forum!!!

Will the data in the app (it was the memo pad & I had some important info in there) or have I lost those entries now?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Actually if you did a backup recently you can do a restore and it'll restore your device the way it was when you last restore

PIN/ID
    23e4456e

You guys are awesome! I love this forum!!!

Will the data in the app (it was the memo pad & I had some important info in there) or have I lost those entries now?
    if your device was backed up before you deleted the app, then it will be in your last backup, which is generally saved in a folder on your pc. All you have to do is go into the backup and restore, choose your backup file that you have saved, and it will open up all the entries in that file. simply pick the memos option, hit ok, and it will load them back up.

afronesian no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207c9447

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~restore it

I'm talking about the memo pad. I had some important entries in there. Will the data also be restored when I restore the app?

Sorry for posting 3 times - user error! Thanks for the answer. I did back up just yesterday so I guess I should be in good shape!

PIN/ID
    23e4456e

I probably could have made it a bit clearer. First you have to do the app loader, and load the memo function back in. Then after that, do the backup/restore with your last backup.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by mysmyrrh
    I probably could have made it a bit clearer. First you have to do the app loader, and load the memo function back in. Then after that, do the backup/restore with your last backup.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    How do I do this? I opened the app loader but the memo pad is not among the apps listed with check marks (or not) along side them?

Do I have to use 'add' to add it back to the app list? IF so, does the memo pad app reside on my PC? Where might I find it?

Sorry for all the questions for what I'm sure is a really easy process!!!

I'm sorry, I know I'm probably being a real dunce here but I honestly can't see how to reinstall the BB memo pad? Would someone mind taking me through step by step? I even searched for 'memo' on my PC but not file was found? And I'm not sure where the BB back-up 'lives' on my PC?

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

I'm sorry, I know I'm probably being a real dunce here but I honestly can't see how to reinstall the BB memo pad? Would someone mind taking me through step by step? I even searched for 'memo' on my PC but not file was found? And I'm not sure where the BB back-up 'lives' on my PC?
    I have passed your problem on to the moderation team. I assure you someone will be able to help you shortly.

Welcome to PinStack!

Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast