My trackball would not roll down I need help....... BlackBerry Pearl forum

gqswagga no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    218879E8

help help

Advertisement

My trackball would not roll down I need help....

chuckymafia2001 Guest

Re: help help

Did you try cleaning it? It happened to me once, so I cleaned it and it worked. Had me scared for a while. But it was all good afterwards.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

two suggestions:

Have you tried to do a battery pull reset? If its software related, that should clear up the problem.

If it is debris under the trackball, try cleaning the trackball with a Q-Tip soaked in rubbing alcohol, roll it around, put more on it. If its a small amount of debris, that will hopefully clear it up.

After that, if you get it fixed, don't keep the phone in your pocket without using a holster that protects the keypad and trackball. Dust and Lint in your pockets will accumulate very quickly inside the phone, which will put you right back here in a very short period of time.

Good luck and Welcome to the Stacks. Hope that helps.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

I had this and wasn't sure if it was a software bug as I had DL a couple of Apps. However I did a pull and after that didn't work switched cell off and rolled trackball with thumb everywhichway for 10 minutes and that did it...No probs since.

gqswagga no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    218879E8

Thanks everyone.I just tried the Q-Tip soaked in rubbing alcohol,its working so far ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~