I downloaded Google Maps for my Blackberry and when I startup the program it gives ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

boarder5374 no está en línea Stack level 1

HELP - Google Maps wont work!

Advertisement

I downloaded Google Maps for my Blackberry and when I startup the program it gives me the following message:

"Network Unavailable - This program requires a data connection. Please contact your carrier or visit google.com/gmm/configure.html on your computer for more info".

I have gone to the site and done all the steps but it still wont work. Anyone here have any ideas?? I would be very grateful if I could get this to work.

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: HELP - Google Maps wont work!

This may be a dumb question, but do you have a data plan with your provider?

Yeah I do - I have the $20 blackberry internet plan with T-Mobile. I just figured it out actually. I needed to put wap.voicestream.com as my APN, username and password. I didnt have it as the username and password. Now Ramble IM and Google Maps are working great.

Google Maps is far superior to Blackberry Maps, except that it doesnt have the GPS capability.

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

Nice! I'll have to check that program out.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Ramble IM is a great AIM client. I have been using it for about 10 minutes now and have 3 seperate chats going.

** NEW PROBLEM **

When I go to use the "Get Directions" function on Google Maps, it says Routing at the top left side of the screen and then BB closes the program and I get the following error message:

"Uncaught Exception: javalang.NullpointerException"

From what I read, this phone should have the right java application to run Google Maps. Can anyone help??

sangesf no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23C8604D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ramble isn't bad...
    Having slight problem tho..
    Let me start off with what I am trying to accomplish.... Since I have my Blackberry (7290) from work, they don't have me on an unlimited sms plan (text messaging).
    All of my friends (non-bb's) have unlimited text, so I came up with this idea (and I have it working up to a point)....I figured with AIM I can setup my friends cell # as a buddy. Then I connect to AIM via Ramble and text from Ramble to that buddy.I have an issue with it tho... Half of the ones I set up (including my own phone) do not receive the texts from Ramble, but half DO!
    Have any clue why?
    (F. Y. I. I have tried setting the cell numbers all in AIM and when that didn't help, I tried all in Ramble, which still didn't make a diff).
    I have Yak-on too, but it doesn't connect to either aim or icq.
    I know my TCP/APN settings are good, because Ramble is working fine. I just can't get it to work 100%.
    PLEASE HELP!!!

sangesf no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23C8604D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    And to answer your last question...
    When you installed google maps, the install didn't fully complete, (happens sometimes) just remove it and re-install and you should be fine.

Winner1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi.
    I am having a similar problem with my Blackberry.
    My son added a new Phone Number to my phone but when he did this we started getting the error message-
    Uncought exception:javalong.NullPointerException.
    He deleted the entry but it did not change things- whenever I try to access my Contacts this error message appears.
    Hope someone can help??

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Winner1, Welcome to PinStack.

First, try a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in). If that doesn't work, you may need to re-install the OS on your BB.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB. Additionally, it will really help us help you if you take the time to fill in your PinStack Profile with the information concerning your device, Model, OS and Platform (Found on Options/About), BES Status, Location, and Carrier. Depending on the question, each of these may have an impact on how we respond.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b