i can find my sd card anywhere and when i go to application loader the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bazile1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FA8DC8

Post help finding and opening my sd card

Advertisement

i can find my sd card anywhere and when i go to application loader the application name appear gray

fbriceno97 Guest

Re: help finding and opening my sd card

First of all, is there a SD card put on your 8100 "physically" ?

Assuming this answer to be a yes...

First you have to format it trough your phone:

Go to: options -> Advance option -> Media Card, then press the MENU key a choose format.

After this you are good to use!

If you want to explore it trough your BB, you have to use Media Manager, there you will be able to access to ringtones, music, video and pictures.

bellalisa99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I don't mean to be dense but what is a sd? I assume its a disc you buy after the original purchase and install somewhere on the pearl? Also what type of sd is recommended ?thanks!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

SD stands for Secure Digital. It is a small card (aka Trans-Flash aka Micro SD) that goes in the back of your phone. You may not have an SD card installed. You can find out by removing the battery from the back of the phone and looking in the phone. You will see a location for inserting the sim card and a second location for inserting a card about half the size of the sim card. If you see the contacts on that second location you have no SD card installed or it is installed upside down (difficult to do but possible). If you see a black card underneath the metalic card holder then you have an SD card installed and need to follow the directions posted above.

Zo.

fbriceno97 Guest

Secure Digital Card... they are use to store files/media as a pendrive does.

Indeed, you buy it and install it inside the pearl (it is located above the SIM CHIP slot), after you format it, you are able to store the pictures taken, ringtones, music and videos and then connecting your phone trough USB cable lets you use it as pendrive and this via is faster/easier to share media files between your PC and BB.

I like kingstoms, but there are many good brands on the market.

cheers

bazile1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FA8DC8

Quote Originally Posted by fbriceno97
    First of all, is there a SD card put on your 8100 "physically" ?

Assuming this answer to be a yes...

First you have to format it trough your phone:

Go to: options -> Advance option -> Media Card, then press the MENU key a choose format.

After this you are good to use!

If you want to explore it trough your BB, you have to use Media Manager, there you will be able to access to ringtones, music, video and pictures.

thanks it works and im up and running

bellalisa99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Thanks for the great info and quick replies !I knew I could count on my fellow stackers to educate me. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~