hi, Im from Cuba and I have a BB 8100 and i need to upgrade ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

zapatoo no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Help me to find the OS upgrade for my BB 8100 Pearl

Advertisement

hi, Im from Cuba and I have a BB 8100 and i need to upgrade my OS and the Desktop Manager but i can´t to download from the BB official site cause of my country ip isn´t in its permission list. i apreciate any help to refer about a links to download without this problem.

thanks for you help and congratulations for this site

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    what carrier do you use for cellular service? you should be able to get both the OS and Desktop Manager from their site...hope this helps

thanks, magellan. My carrier is CCOM but not exist any agreements with RIM or other . But I´m reading something about and if I can to download a version of any carrier and delete the vendor file, could be that solve my problem. that´s why, I need download the OS and DM from any site different to the official RIM web, because they have been denegated acces for my country ip.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    zapatoo -- check out jerryd's blog here -- has the most recent OS for your device available. thanks to jerryd

thanks cherrichiodo i´m visiting.....i will tell you something as soon as possible

cherrichiodo the jerryd's blog is perfect, but he send me to download from the RIM official site, but as i tell yours before, i can´t to download from this site. I need to know another site where I could be to download without this restriction. Please do you know another site to solve my problem?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If I am understanding zapatoo correctly. Because of where he lives (Cuba) The Government or RIM one blocks downloads from his IP and he is searching for an alternate place to download from. I am not aware of any but maybe someone else will be.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 12-08-2008 at 04:59 PM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    We are only allowed to post the links to the official RIM site or the Official carrier site. I don't know if there is another source, but whatever it was could not be posted here. I understand that it's a frustrating situation but I don't think that we can help you with this particular problem.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C
    Cant someone download the .exe's and up them on a fileshare site for him?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    We are not alllowed to share RIM's software in that way. It is against RIMs policies
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

This is why.

Software Downloads

Please read the Software Eligibility Requirements, the Important Note, and the Eligibility Declaration below. You must comply with and agree to the Eligibility Declaration in order to be permitted to download BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.122 (Multilanguage) (the "Software").Software Eligibility Requirements

The Eligibility Declaration is included to assure your and RIM's compliance with the laws and regulations of the national and/or other (sub-national and/or supranational) government authorities with authority over the country(ies) and/or territory(ies) from which the Software is being exported or to which the Software is being imported by you (the "Government Authority(ies)").Please Read This Important Note:The Software incorporates encryption technology that may be subject to laws and regulations of Government Authorities. You must comply with and agree to the Eligibility Declaration below in order to be permitted to download the Software.

Eligibility Declaration
    I warrant that I:
    • have not had my export privileges suspended, revoked, or denied by any Government Authority;
    • am not on any Government Authority list which would prohibit my access to the Software;
    • acknowledge that this Software, and its underlying technology, may be subject to import, export, and/or use controls by Government Authority(ies) by way of law or regulation;
    • will not import, use, export, or re-export the Software in violation of any applicable laws or regulations of any Government Authority, including without limitation by:
    • failing to obtain any applicable government permits, licenses, or authorizations;
    • distributing or exporting the Software to any country, person or entity to which distribution or export is prohibited.

LOL....azstar you beat me to it.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 12-08-2008 at 05:35 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by kingrykku27 View Post
    Cant someone download the .exe's and up them on a fileshare site for him?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    from the user agreement which can be found on the footer of each page.

DISTRIBUTION OF RIM'S UNRELEASED SOFTWARE IS PROHIBITED

Be reminded that software that is the copyrighted work of RIM and/or its licensors' is governed by their terms of the end user license agreement that accompanies or is included with the software. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, incorporate into the Service in whole or in part. Distributing or exporting such Software is prohibited by the Service Provider and will result in the termination of your membership.

thanks for all.