Ok I upgraded my OS Thursday night and now I am having a problem with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

Help error message on Tetris from Handmark after OS upgrade

Advertisement

Ok I upgraded my OS Thursday night and now I am having a problem with a 3rd party app from Handmark. I purchased Tetris 1/5/07. I upgraded my OS on my Blackberry Pearl 8100 and everything went ok. But when I clicked on the Tetris icon to start the game I get an error message.......Uncaught exception: Field must call setExtent and setPosition during layout. I have redownloaded Tetris via wireless from a SMS message from the Handmark site. But I get the same error message. Does anyone have any idea as to how to fix my Tetris. I love this game and I don't want to lose the $20 i paid or the game. Yes I have contacted Handmark. Nothing back from them yet. Thanks.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID
    242949a0

Re: Help error message on Tetris from Handmark after OS upgrade

No not as of yet. This is the second time I have upgraded my OS. The first one everything went thru fine (the cingular upgrade) but this one I had problems with two games. I was able to get my Blackjack to work but not my Tetris. I sure hope they respond cause that is very good game.

zeyrah no está en línea Stack level 3

Dang it! I have the same problem! Grr! I love tetris! Please post if they give you a soulition! Thanks!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    242949a0

I will let you know if I hear anything from Handmark. If I don't hear form them in a few days I will emaik them again. You might want to let them know you are having problems also.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    242949a0

Ok here is an update. Handmark did contact me and said the following:

I'm sorry for the trouble that you have encountered. I have contacted our release manager so that they can test this for me and let me know what the current status of this is. I will set your issue to "waiting on internal" until I get a chance to hear back from them. You can still update this issue at any time.
    Thank you,

So they are checking into it. Now here is what I did. I downgraded my OS to the previous Cingular release and guess what the game works perfectly. Go figure. So it is something in the new release that is causing problems I guess. I didn't want to downgrade but I really love my tetris . The only thing I will miss from the new OS is the ability to turn off that back light and how the browser works.

zeyrah no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks for the update! Looks like I have a tough choice to make! Oi, but I love tetris so!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    242949a0

I downgraded to the.73 OS for the Red Pearl and Tetris works great. Just thought I would let you know that the .73 and Tetris works together. Lol. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~