Hi guys (1st post here!) I have a question... I work for o2 UK and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

urbantorque no está en línea Stack level 1

Help - Email folder setup...

Advertisement

Hi guys (1st post here!)

I have a question...

I work for o2 UK and should really know this but am having a right ball ache with this one!

I have recently got a BB 8100 and am setting up the email but hitting a brick wall...

I have two email addresses i'd like to configure, a hotmail.com one and a blueyonder.co.uk one (ISP)

I have successfully added both via the o2email site and both have status boxes ticked etc etc! However, I can't seem to get them to seperate out on the home screen into two different "envelopes" only the one messages folder.

Both are obviously BIS accounts but the other day at work I was setting up a clients BB Pearl and he was in a similar situation. He had a hotmail.com account and a work email account but im sure this wasnt on BES.

When I configured his, he had three message icons on the home screen - one main messages folder and then two other envelope icons - one for the hotmail and one for the work one. When rolling over the 2nd and 3rd icons you got the email address attached to that "envelope" at the bottom.

THis is what I want to achieve as I wish to see which account I have just received a message on when it chimes!

I know I should know this working in the business but im really stumped on this! Can anyone help? I've scoured the forums and found answers to similar questions but not mine - have tried show all etc etc

Any o2 BB questions I can help with though and also o2 stuff in general!

THanks in advance,

Paul

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Help - Email folder setup...

Can you confirm that you on BIS 2.0?

Welcome to pinstack!

Oh and you can also try resending the service books via your BIS login.
    Last edited by hayden; 04-21-2007 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Automerged.

how should i confirm its BIS 2.0?

now that you mention it the login at o2 email for this blackberry (its the work one im trialling before getting mine) looks different to the clients i was setting up the other day

i will try sending the service books

oh and thankyou for the welcome im sure i'll be frequenting these pages more and more...!
    Last edited by urbantorque; 04-21-2007 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Automerged.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

here's the screenshots of 1.8 and 2.0 plus some more info:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...e_bis_1_a.html

i think it could be BIS 1.8 judging from that but then again im on mac which makes the site behave oddly anyway...

i emailed our bb rep today so will have his ideas 2mo