Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Okay, a slightly different case. I have a Blackberry Pearl (my personal property) that was ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tpbishop no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Help!! Disable password protection?

Advertisement

Okay, a slightly different case. I have a Blackberry Pearl (my personal property) that was enabled to use my company's BES Server. Like most, they required a password (the little "lock" icon next to the Enabled setting for Password. My company has sent me a new Blackberry (the 8700), so my 8100 is no longer activated to work with my company's BES, but I cannot remove the setting that requires a password. I've tried wiping the device, but the Password Enabled setting is still locked. Is there a way to remove this (by doing a REAL FACTORY RESET), or is this device now trash?

riley2528 no está en línea Stack level 1

Did you ever get a solution? I have the same problem only I purchased my 8830 on the ebay and it was a corporate unit with a protected password can not disable the password option.

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by tpbishop View Post
    Okay, a slightly different case. I have a Blackberry Pearl (my personal property) that was enabled to use my company's BES Server. Like most, they required a password (the little "lock" icon next to the Enabled setting for Password.
    Normally, updating / downgrading / reinstalling OS will remove everything, even BES locking.
    It happened to me every time I upgraded my Pearl's OS.
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

xerxes no está en línea Stack level 1

I am new to the forum as I just bought a Blackberry Pearl 8100 on ebay. This is how to remove IT policy from your Blackberry and disable the annoying password. Download the Blackberry Desktop Manager to your PC from Blackberry
    Then follow the directions here, which I found after a lengthy search to find a way to sort out my Blackberry 8100 - so many thanks to the person who came up with solution!

Ensure the Blackberry Desktop Manager is installed using Blackberry Internet Service, and not Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you are unsure, it would probably be a good idea to uninstall the Desktop Manager and start again.
    1. Download the two files (which you will find by typing Removal of Blackberry Policy into Google) to the root of your C:\ drive.
    2. Close the Desktop Manager if it is open.
    3. Within Windows click Start-Run and type in c:\policy.reg and say YES to confirm importing into the registry. This tells the Blackberry desktop manager to force down the new policy.bin the next time a virgin (wiped) handheld is connected.
    4. Run Blackberry desktop manager.
    5. Reconnect the device via USB. Say "Yes" to any warnings on the desktop and handheld.
    6. Voila - that's it. You should be able to confirm that the policy is gone by going into Options - Security Options - General - and about half way down you can just make sure you don't see any reference to your old corporate IT Policy.
    Last edited by xerxes; 02-10-2008 at 02:29 PM. Reason: for clarity

krone1213 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~what are you talking about when you say wipe the policy clean sorry just don't know the meaning

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

This is some very good info but please remmember, if you are on a company BES and its a company owned BB, you must first check with your IT department before removing the pasword option/policy. If you don't you may be in violation of company policy which might result in disciplinary actions! Remember check with your IT department first! Just a little FYI welcome to the stacks~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The SPCS Guy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30F558F8

Thumbs up Re: Help!! Disable password protection?

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    It's a bit tricky. If you have the Media Card options of the Advanced Settings has Encryption Mode set to Security Password, then you not be able to disable the general password.

So, to disable the password:
    Options --> Advanced Options --> Media Card --> Encryption Mode = 'None'

Then go back t:
    Options --> Security Options --> General Settings --> Enable/Disable should appear.
    What a lifesaver!!!!! Schweet. Thanks man! I owe you one.

JE

hotheard no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Password function won't disable

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    It's a bit tricky. If you have the Media Card options of the Advanced Settings has Encryption Mode set to Security Password, then you not be able to disable the general password.

So, to disable the password:
    Options --> Advanced Options --> Media Card --> Encryption Mode = 'None'

Then go back t:
    Options --> Security Options --> General Settings --> Enable/Disable should appear.

John ... you posted this in 2007 and it works for my blackberry today...
    Tech Support couldnt even fix this issue.

Thanks for the info!!!

davidd4972 no está en línea Stack level 1
    got a used bb pearl, and it has exactly what tpbishop described, the little lock thingy beside the "enable" entry, with no way to change it. I've tried John Galt's suggestion, but that didn't do it. I guess I'm going to have to delve deeper and try what Xerxes suggested. Wish me luck, I'll let you all know how it goes!

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    If you've obtained a Blackberry with an IT policy on it, then yes, Xerxes solution is the only way I know of to get rid of it, other then using a program like CrackUtil, but that program can seriously damage your device if not used properly.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Nope.. didn't work...

Finally downloaded the desktop manager from the blackberry site (the at&t link didn't download properly for some reason) did the wipe, entered the two codes into the registery with the desktop manager closed, wiped the phone, re-booted desktop manager, connected the phone, and it went through about a 30-minute session of re-installing everything onto the BB. However once it finished the 11th step, first thing it wanted was a new dad-blamed password. Someone said I may have to use a craak utility, but I have no idea what that is or what it entails.. I'm ready to sell this thing and get my good old Nokia back..

Lightbulb Crack Util Worked

Well, I gave it the old college try one more time. Did a search for Crack Util, found and installed it, read the directions VERY carefully and it worked right away the first time. You do have to know what the password is before it will remove it however, that's the only potential problem I can see with this program, but no more password on my blackberry! Woo Hoo!

On a side note, I found out while playing around with the camera feature a couple of nights ago that it has an automatic flash! Took a picture in the dark and "poof" a bright flash and a decent picture came out of it! Who knew??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12