Hi, So sorry, I think I posted this in the wrong thread first - please, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Bozie no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile HELP! Constant RIM messages

Advertisement

Hi,

So sorry, I think I posted this in the wrong thread first - please, I need help!

This is my third blackberry and I had the same problem with my first until the shop gave up on me, gave me an upgrade which solved it. I hope I don't have to go through that again.

I'm getting loads of the following messages:

"This message is used to carry data between the Blackberry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server"

Then there's a load of gobbledegook.

I don't have an Enterprise Server so I haven't connected that, I'm also a complete technophobe so if anyone can help me please give me "a guide for dummies", step by step. It's driving me completely nuts so please help !

Thank you

Re: HELP! Constant RIM messages

Just to add that I've deleted and then reinstalled the software but it's still happening!

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

Re: Constant RIM Messages

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Try registering your device. Go into Options->Advanced Options->Host Routing Table click trackball and select Register Now. The messages may continue for another day or so but any longer than that and I would contact your Service Provider. Good luck. Hope this helps.

baconismidog no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~did you buy the unit new or used?

What email providers are you using?

Are you using the same carrier throughout these experiences. Please list the carrier (s). Have you always had the same number and sim card?

B

projectzero no está en línea Stack level 2

Uninstall the software and make sure when you reinstall you select you just use the blackberry internet service. Also, delete the desktop service books from the device under settings>options>advanced options>service books

Hi,

Thanks for your messages.

My service provider is Vodafone. Yes I've been using the same SIM and number. I run a small business so it's vital that those stay the same.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled selecting the BIS - no difference. Also, it doesn't let me delete the service books.

HELP!

Re: Constant RIM Messages

Hi

It doesn't give me the option in Host Routing Table to click register now. It says:

HRT Editor
    and then a load of numbers

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

In Options/Advanced Options/Service Books, do you see on that says Desktop in it? Did you try to install or setup Redirector in Desktop Manager? The multiple messages like this are sometime caused by an improper installation of Redirector.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles