through the blackberry server! What are we doing wrong? It won't give the prompt to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

teegee777 no está en línea Stack level 1

Help! After changing email messenger won't work and can't change email

Advertisement

through the blackberry server!

What are we doing wrong? It won't give the prompt to change the email addy even in the options!

Thanks!
    Tara

Ridicule no está en línea Stack level 3
    You're talking about BIS, right? You should be able to tailor your accounts through the e-mail setup icon. A bit more info (and what version of software you're running) would be good to help isolate exactly what the problem is.

I am pretty sure it's 4.3 - it's new. When I go into options for the icon that says my email name under it - it doesn't give me a chance to change the email address that's in there.

I am pretty sure it's 4.3. When you go into options it's the icon that lists General Optons, Email Settings and Email Reconciliation - well it doesn't give me a prompt to change the email address that's associated with it (that email had to be deleted and I had to get a new one!)

You don't change which e-mail accounts you're using on your device in there (that's just mailbox settings) - you should have an Email Setup icon on your home screen (if you don't see it, maybe you hid it by mistake) - click the menu button and select "Show All".

That's where it prompts me to use a PIN! Now what?

The email setup icon shouldn't be prompting you to enter a pin on your device (your PIN is your unique identifier) - it should already know your pin (that's where you're browsing to it from). It might be prompting you to enter your email password to manage your account (if you've forgotten your e-mail password, there should be a "forgotten your password" option there).

It says there is an account associated with this PIN - and if you want to go on you need to enter a PIN.

It should be asking you to enter your username and password.

It does but that one is obsolete now - so I looked in Options and Status and found the pin and I'm gonna see if that lets me put new information in - or do I use the old information?

See, the weird thing is, if you've entered the username and password (and you swapped devices), it should ask you, "do you want to associate your e-mail account with this device?" Not sure why it should be asking for your PIN (as this would have been passed to BIS by your devices browser). Ah...are you maybe using Opera as your browser? (that would do it).