I can receive files from my macbook but I cant send music/pics files from my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

candychunk no está en línea Stack level 1

Question HELP! cant use sync pearl and macbook

Advertisement

I can receive files from my macbook but I cant send music/pics files from my BB pearl to my macbook. They're paired up but it always says "Failed to find service"

Please help. what am i doing wrong?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: HELP! cant use sync pearl and macbook

How are you trying to transfer? Bluetooth, USB?

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Also remember that PocketMac is not the same as DM. i.e-- Pocketmac does not have a media exchange program with the software.

Get a Media card>enable mass storage> make the pics and music be stored on the media card> when you hook up your BB to the mac, be sure you tell the BB to allow your mac to see the media card> the media card should appear under your hard drive icon>double click on the "No Name" drive> then drag and drop both ways.

hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    How are you trying to transfer? Bluetooth, USB?

bluetooth, i tried downloading BB's software but I guess it's only compatible with microsoft

Quote Originally Posted by JCG3 View Post
    Also remember that PocketMac is not the same as DM. i.e-- Pocketmac does not have a media exchange program with the software.

Get a Media card>enable mass storage> make the pics and music be stored on the media card> when you hook up your BB to the mac, be sure you tell the BB to allow your mac to see the media card> the media card should appear under your hard drive icon>double click on the "No Name" drive> then drag and drop both ways.

hope that helps
    i cant connect my BB to the mac, it just charges it but other than that, no file access
    Last edited by candychunk; 11-07-2007 at 01:31 PM.

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

ok well here is the link for blackberry support for Mac (PocketMac) : https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

choose "PocketMac 4.xxx b" > enter info and download

PM me for help if you need help

**I cant seem to figure out BT support for Pocket Mac yet so if this is a must, and you have a Intel Mac, i would dual boot to windows.

ill try this later... i had a friend in one of my classes and she had her macbook... she asked me if she could get some music files from my BB and it worked... i dont know if she had to install something.. but i doubt it... im gonna ask her tonight... we'll probably use ichat ^_^ heheh

thanks