I have a brand new pearl. I upgraded the OS to the most recent and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

chessdev no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Help! Can't run java apps or opera...

Advertisement

I have a brand new pearl. I upgraded the OS to the most recent and then tried to install Opera Browser and Cellufun Chess and neither of them work. The chess program gets past the opening screen and then freezes at the menu and then later it closes out and says it froze

I can live without opera, but I can't live without chess...

Help?

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Re: Help! Can't run java apps or opera...

Who is your carrier?

You have to set your TCP correctly and it depends on who your carrier is as to which TCP you'll use. (to find your TCP go to options then Advanced Options then at the bottom it says TCP click on that the first line says APN and that's where you'd enter the correct TCP for your carrier)

For example I'm with Tmobile, so my TCP is set to wap.voicestream.com

also your emulation mode (go to browser, then options, then look for emulation) should be set to BlackBerry.

There's a thread on here which outlines what your TCP should be set to for each carrier, I'll try to find that thread and post it up in here.

As for the chess game, did you do a battery pull since you downloaded the game?
    Last edited by TanBucsFan; 06-29-2007 at 04:27 PM.

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Re: Help! Can't run java apps or opera...

Here is the link to the forum on Pinstack that will tell you which TCP is correct for your phone.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...t_carrier.html

It also helps if you completely fill out your profile, that way when you ask a question they'd be able to see who your carrier was.