hi, i've ran a search on these forums and can't seem to find someone with ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bbpearlrox no está en línea Stack level 3

Help!!! Cannot Connect To Desktop Manager!!!

Advertisement

hi, i've ran a search on these forums and can't seem to find someone with my exact issues and a solution to them. my pc cannot "find" my usb connection to my blackberry pearl. here are the steps i took and the errors that came up:
    1. i installed the software (v. 4.2)
    2. restarted my computer after install was complete
    3. connected my usb to my pearl
    4. toolbar menu says "usb found, hardware is ready to use"
    5. my blackberry says "usb power insufficient to charge, check usb input"
    6. i open my desktop manager
    7. bottom says "disconnected"
    8. i go to options
    9. i select usb connection
    10. i hit detect, it says "usb connection not found"
    11. i uninstall the software and reinstall to try it again with the same results.
    if someone can tell me what im doing wrong, i would really appreciate it. thanks!

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Use a different usb port. Whatever you do don't keep uninstalling the software. The fact that it cannot charge from that port means the port isn't directly connected to the motherboard power source. Use one in the back, or a powered extension hub.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

bbpearlrox no está en línea Stack level 3
    hi, i tried that already, at first i was plugging it into the front of the case, then i plugged it into the back of the pc. it showed that the usb was found and detected, and there was a lightning bolt by my battery symbol on my pearl, but the message came up saying the "charge is insufficient". and even though the usb was detected, and the hardware was installed, when i went to the DM it said that the usb connection was not detected when i clicked "detect".!?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    There is obviously something wrong with the USB connection between your PC and your BB. Is it possible for you to test this on another PC? That could verify if it's the BB or the PC. What OS is running on your PC?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Also, take out the Pearl battery and put it back in after 30 secs. Of course reboot your pc. Can you charge the Pearl with the AC charger and make sure it charges all the way up?
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.