ok two of my buttons came off from my pearl, buttons XZ and AS. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

wrxwabbit no está en línea Stack level 1

Help! buttons came off

Advertisement

ok two of my buttons came off from my pearl, buttons XZ and AS. I don't have insurance so i cant get a replacement and i don't know where the buttons are i lost it. where can i order buttons from?

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3
    I doubt you can order individual keys. You will probably have to order a whole new keypad. Don't know where you would get that either.

Picasosz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B2E96
    The Phone should come with a 1 year warranty.

senna174 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~want to buy a 3 weeks old Pearl?

Quote Originally Posted by Picasosz
    The Phone should come with a 1 year warranty.
    Yes i know but i called the customer service since i lost the buttons they say its physical damage. i was hoping i can order individual buttons, I don't want to order another pearl or whole set buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by senna174
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~want to buy a 3 weeks old Pearl?
    cool would you part out the buttons?

tony597fittr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B9B8D
    How did they come off? I know when I had a Nokia my daughter when she was about 9 months old chewed on my phone and chewed a couple of the buttons off. I took it in and they sold me a new keypad for under $10. You will probably have to cal RIM to get a replacement.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    Call RIM, physical damage due to abuse will not be covered, but if it is due defective workmanship or parts then that should be covered.
    bbrepairshop.com offers parts, probably not for you model yet, but they will put you on an email address and will email you as soon as they have it.

sdowney83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    First, it depends on how they came off... If it was blatent misuse, then your kind of screwed... But if it was just from putting it in, or out of a holster, or anything else like that, then call back in... And don't stop pleading til something gets done... I have an oem holster, and the space/0 key always hits the lip of it, so with that I think one would have a pretty strong argument... Again, call back and keep going til' something gets done...

Simon.

P.s. Keep us updated...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d
    Also, If you don't get anywhere with TMO call RIM. They should cover it too. Well, if you wasn't blatent misuse like said above.

I have no idea how the buttons fall off, I had my pearl in my pocket and when i took it out one of the keys was gone. Maybe it could be stress on the phone because it moves around in your pocket. I am gonna call RIM because TMO won't do anything about it. thanks for the help guys

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Wow...I would be REALLY PO'd if the keys on a $450 phone fell off for no reason what so ever...Don't take "it's not covered" as an answer if that's really what happened...