Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That makes sense. I haven't gotten a memory card yet, but I've only had the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sammienae no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

That makes sense. I haven't gotten a memory card yet, but I've only had the phone a couple days and should be getting one soon. The only thing I have on the phone that I've put on it are ringtones. I'll start deleting the other things you mentioned.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Post back when you get your memory card and I can tell you some settings to change to help give you a bit more free memory too

The memory cards are getting really cheap now, check out amazon.com they usually have some great deals.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Lovely. Thank you so much. I really appreciate all the help! I'll def. be back when I get it. Btw, I deleted some stuff and have gotten my file free to 8474067.

Good, getting better. Just get into the habit of checking your file free daily and then using soft reset or a battery pull if it goes too low. Also don't keep emails sms or mms that you dont need, especially mms, they can take up a ton of memory.....I'll post back more tips as I think of them
    Twitter? My Apps List

Sweet. And ironically, I have a memory card now. I put it in and it increased my number to 11351731. Yay! Also, I'm probably just dumb, but I tried to download the soft reset application and it won't work. It says windows doesn't recognize the file?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Need to download it to your Berry and not you PC.

Yup cowboy is right, click the download link from your BB

Also now that you have your memory card in, check these settings:

Media/Menu/Options and set your device memory limit to the lowest number which I believe is 5,

also set "reserved pictures memory" to 0 (this makes it so it doesn't hold memory on the device for pictures which you don't need if you have a memory card)

Then go to camera/menu/options/ and make sure store pictures is set to On Media Card
    Twitter? My Apps List

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    also move any ringtones you've downloaded to your card. you will need to drag and drop on your pc.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Memory Tips:

To clear the Event Log, hold the ALT key and type L G L G. Doing this will also clear up memory.

Check the browser cache, cookies, history, etc by going to the Browser>Options>Browser Cache.

Use the Memory Cleaner in Options>Security>Memory Cleaning>Clean Now.

Two notes on that, the alt LGLG trick does very little if anything at all on the 8130 for boosting memory. Also the memory cleaner will need to be re-enabled each time you use soft reset or do a battery pull unless you have content protection enabled(but this uses more memory so unless you really think you need it, I wouldn't enable it)
    Twitter? My Apps List

justinadams4196 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hey guys, I've got a friend with a similar problem. Everytime she takes a picture with her camera, it deletes absolutely everything (texts, call logs, stored pics, etc.) Her file free says zero and I've done everything I can to improve it (battery pull, deleting unused apps, clearing browser cache) I work at AT&T in tech support so I have a pretty good understanding as to what works, but nothing I do can improve it. She doesn't have a memory card in the phone. She is gonna try that. But if that doesn't work, have I missed something? Its driving me crazy because I can't fix it.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by justinadams4196 View Post
    Hey guys, I've got a friend with a similar problem. Everytime she takes a picture with her camera, it deletes absolutely everything (texts, call logs, stored pics, etc.) Her file free says zero and I've done everything I can to improve it (battery pull, deleting unused apps, clearing browser cache) I work at AT&T in tech support so I have a pretty good understanding as to what works, but nothing I do can improve it. She doesn't have a memory card in the phone. She is gonna try that. But if that doesn't work, have I missed something? Its driving me crazy because I can't fix it.
    If the memory card doesn't fix it have you tried a simple wipe to return it back to out of box condition. It seems you have covered all the basics and if anyone has a solution I would be interested in hearing it as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12