I connected my Blackberry to my charger and tried it with my computer USB port ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

time_line no está en línea Stack level 1

Help! Blackberry Pearl 8100 Won't Charge

Advertisement

I connected my Blackberry to my charger and tried it with my computer USB port as well. In both cases, the screen would light up for a few seconds indicating connectivity. However, the light turns off after a few seconds (which is normal) but the icon indicating the phone is "charging" does not show up and my phone does not get charged. Does anyone else have this problem? Any feedback and advice would be great!

PIN/ID
    3198998E
    You might have a bad USB port on the phone. It may have messed up somehow. Is it new? If it isn't I would assume that you've had to charge it before. U would say try a battery pull, if that doesn't change anything, take it back to your carrier and get another phone.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

The way you cna tell if the charger port is not workin is to look into and if you see any of the pins lifted or missing then you will need to replace or get it fixed.

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    It may be the port or the battery. I would take it to the store where you purchase and have it looked at. If its under warranty they should replace it.

p.s. I purchase extra warranties online from SquareTrade - they are cheap, and GREAT! They will cover any/all electronics, are simple, and reliable.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    When you connect, does your device connect to the DM etc?

Also, just an fyi... If the battery temp reaches 39c, it will not charge till it goes down atleast 1c