Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well i was noted that t-mobile provides AIM, MSN, YAHOO, etc. with the phone as ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

daeq no está en línea Stack level 1

HELP! blackberry instant messaging T-mobile

Advertisement

Well i was noted that t-mobile provides AIM, MSN, YAHOO, etc. with the phone as a bundle for free. Im not sure if this is the right program but when i click on "Instant Messaging", i get an HTTP error 404: Not Found. is there any way i can get AIM and MSN on my blackberry pearl? Not to be picky or anything, but i would like to refrain from using the 3rd party Ramble IM and etc. please help! thank you!

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: HELP! blackberry instant messaging T-mobile

Just so you know, you will need a blackberry data plan if you don't already have one. The OZ client uses sms instead of data so you would also need unlimited text messaging.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Souns like it is not connecting to the network. Maybe check the apn settings? That Client isn't the best tho. It is kinda slow and uses SMS. So unless you also have an unlimited SMS package, I wouldn't use it. Maybe you can check out IM+. I have heard some good things (and bad when it's not working right, huh n8 ) about it.

Edit* beat to the punch by Stacey

wow that sucks. using SMS? yea i wouldnt like that lol. where can i get IM+? is it a good software? and is there a way i can get it for free somehow?

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

No it's not free. I'm sure you can get it at handango.com or HERE: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...vices_com.html

with IM+ am i able to also recieve calls on the phone? or does it just complete shut out that ability.

vi2tq no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: HELP! blackberry instant messaging T-mobile

Hi, I just purchased the blackberry pearl as well, and I cant get into the Instant Messaging app! I get Http error 404 everytime I start the IM app. I called TMobile and the best they could offer was to reset the phones software, but that did not fix the problem. I can use my web browser fine as well as the other applications. Anybody have any other suggestions? If not I am asking for another phone!

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by vi2tq
    Hi, I just purchased the blackberry pearl as well, and I cant get into the Instant Messaging app! I get Http error 404 everytime I start the IM app. I called TMobile and the best they could offer was to reset the phones software, but that did not fix the problem. I can use my web browser fine as well as the other applications. Anybody have any other suggestions? If not I am asking for another phone!
    you don't need to use OZ (the default messenger). Try JiveTalk. Click the link to beejive's website (the makers of JiveTalk) and send them an email with your phone model/carrier and they will send you a copy of their chat program. It's the fan fav around the boards!

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Blackninja just hit it on the head. Contact beejive and ask for jivetalk. That's your best bet.

HCO_MOE no está en línea Stack level 1

vi2tq. same with me and its pissing me off. i have the data plan and everthing is working fine from the net to messages to maps. just the im messenger isnt working! that damn http cant be found. and i actually dont wanna use any other client b/c the factory installed one is good for me. so does anyone know the answer just to fix that problem and not a link to another client site

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    When you say reset phone software, do you mean do a wipe and reload the OS? Or do you mean Tmobile is resetting something on their end? Have you tried reloading the OS from scratch? It sounds like you have a corrupted file.

Andre576 no está en línea Stack level 2

I just tried it on my new pearl and I get the same thing... HTTP Error 404 not Found. I dont really user IM so its no big deal.... I also have Tmobile

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i am trying to understand:
    andre576 and HCO_MOE - you are missing the blackberry messenger or the OZ client that comes preinstalled?
    just so that you are aware, if you use the OZ client, you will be using text/sms. if you do not have a text package thru your carrier, then you will be charged a pay per use. it can get expensive, considering its usually sent and received.
    try the jive talk link BN posted. im hearing really good things about it and if you have a data plan, you won't have any additional charges

Andre576 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    i am trying to understand:
    andre576 and HCO_MOE - you are missing the blackberry messenger or the OZ client that comes preinstalled?
    just so that you are aware, if you use the OZ client, you will be using text/sms. if you do not have a text package thru your carrier, then you will be charged a pay per use. it can get expensive, considering its usually sent and received.
    try the jive talk link BN posted. im hearing really good things about it and if you have a data plan, you won't have any additional charges
    I'm not sure what the OZ client is... but I do have the BB messenger... I tried it and it works...

zta
    zta no está en línea Stack level 2

*The solution to this issue is at the very end, after "UPDATE", but maybe some of the other steps might be useful to someone...

------------

on the main menu when i open the instant messenging (not the blackberry messenger) i wind up on "the page you are trying to load could not be found." if you click 'details' on the error page you can see the address is (http:// 1. 1. 10. 4. 5) - that's not a valid address (too many periods, should be 4 numbers not 5, seems like a typo in the programming...?

according to t-mobile it is the 'Oz Messenger,' they said it's no good, the guy i talked to said they're getting rid of it. (not clear about whether they're replacing it or getting rid of it permanently) But he gave me the steps to get an updated version of oz messenger (which contains the aol, yahoo, msm and icq). it didn't work for me LOL.

maybe first check to see if the program is even there to begin with. it should be under Options > Advanced Options > Applications > Oz Messenger... (there is no OZ on my phone).

1) from 'home' screen open Options > Security Options > click on Firewall > when firewall opens use the Menu key (next to trackball) > click on Reset Settings. after clicking on 'Reset Settings' if the Firewall 'Status' says 'Disabled' change it to 'Enabled' (it may have already been enabled)... save your changes

2) then go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications > highlight the title 'Oz Instant Messenger' use the menu key to delete OZ Messenger. (mine was already missing?) at this point your Blackberry should turn itself off and back on again. it might be a good idea to restart it anyway even if OZ was already gone. seems like it can't hurt.

3) after restarting the blackberry you need to download the newer/fixed Oz Messenger. there are two ways you can go, either way, doesn't matter which.

3a) either open the blackberry browser to the bookmarks page. look for the t-zones links. go to install instant messenger. (that bookmark is missing for me).

3b) or open Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > look for the T-Mobile USA # that is in bold letters. only one is bold. highlight the bold one. use the menu(blackberry key). select Register Now. then there will be a confirmation 'OK'.

4) then you will get a message from tmobile saying you've been registered with the network... (after this when i try to open the Instant Messenger i still wind up at the same 404 page cannot be found and there is still no Oz Application on my phone).

did some searching around the web, looks like most people think the program is junk anyway, seems like t-mobile thinks so too...

at very least t-mobile says it's a known issue right now with all their blackberries. guess they're working on it.

Mobile Customer Service gave me the extension for blackberry tech (800-937-8997 ex 4), it bypasses the customer support and goes directly to blackberry tech its supposed to be that you can just type in the '4' and bypass having to talk to the machine helps if you wait to say 'english' first though. the guy i talked to seemed very interested if i was having any other issues with the pearl. maybe they are rewriting the OS. or maybe they're trying to fix things before releasing the next one?

-----------------------

UPDATE: i called t-mobile again, after above steps didn't work. this time they had me open the blackberry browser and go to (www. tmobileapps. com/ downloadcenter/ files/ oz/ pearl/ instantmessaging.jad)

the page asks you to download the instant messenger. if it says something about no signature just say 'ok' (i didn't see that warning). the program downloads. it will ask you a couple times "Do you want to allow the application Instant Messaging to act as a server?". select "Allow this connection."

when that's finished (it should say download was successful or something), when you're back to main/home screen do a hard reset (remove the battery, wait 15 seconds, then replace the battery) turning off the phone first (hold the end key) is probably a good idea. when phone comes back on it will ask a couple more times about allowing the messenger to act as server. just say yes.

then Menu > Instant Messenging. IT WORKs! AOL. Yahoo, MSM and ICQ all there.
    not sure if it's worth all the trouble though, seems like no-one likes the built in messenger versions anyway, but here they are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast