Quick question. I have a pearl and I have the data and all that, no ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jessjessbobess no está en línea Stack level 2

Help! Have blackberry feature enabler, can't send MMS!

Advertisement

Quick question. I have a pearl and I have the data and all that, no problems whatsoever. But I recently activated a couple of pearls for my friends family and they didn't have the need for the data add on. So I added the voice add-on (blackberry feature enabler) so that they could still do MMS, t-zones, etc. At first nothing happened until we did a master clear (wipe handheld). Then the "compose MMS" feature showed up in the messaging menu.

Problem is, now we have a message when we try to do a MMS that says "no MMS service record, message cannot be sent. You will only be able to Save Draft." When I call t-mobile to get them to send the service books they say it doesn't show up in their system to send them. And when we log in to my t-mobile it takes us back to the main t-mobile screen when I try to go to the service books section.

Help?! This is the hardest thing I've ever done on a pearl and I've installed all sorts of apps...bottom line is we need to get the service books to the phone. Any ideas??!!! Any help is appreciated! Thanks!!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Help! Have blackberry feature enabler, can't send MMS!

There's nothing wrong with the Pearl - MMS is a service provided by your carrier.

However, the BlackBerry needs service books to send an MMS message - I have a service book named MMS Client [MMS], you can't get a service book without a BlackBerry Data Plan.

Now you MIGHT be able to get around it if you have a SIM card from a BlackBerry with a data plan. Pop it into the BlackBerry that needs the service book. Then register the device on the network by going to ( Settings/Tools --> ) Options --> Advanced Options --> Host Routing Table. Click the wheel and select Register Now. You'll get a message that a registration message has been sent, and then get an email with the subject Registration and the message "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network.".

If you still don't have the service book, go to T-Mobile's BIS Site (links at the bottom of the page). You'll need to change the device your BIS account is set to. Then click on Service Books in the left column, and then on the Send Service Books button. You'll get a message that the service books were successfully sent, and then you'll get one email message for each email account being sent to your BlackBerry by BIS that it was set up. Don't forget to change your account back to the original device!

If you don't get the service book that way, I think you're out of luck without a Data plan.
    JerryD

jessjessbobess no está en línea Stack level 2

Thank you for the suggestions! I'll try putting my sim card in her phone and see if that helps us out. I'm glad I have a data plan

trainer15 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the exact same problem. I called Fido, my service provider they said there is nothing they can do, other than provide me with MMS settings which do not go anywhere in this phone. I have a BlackBerry Curve and this is not a Fido phone. I have a data plan but it did not enable MMS.

Any idea's on what I can do to rectify this problem and use MMS?