Ok, Since i've had my bb pearl I never had the bb browser. I was ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

T0ne1212 no está en línea Stack level 2

Help BB BROWSER

Advertisement

Ok, Since i've had my bb pearl I never had the bb browser. I was told to resend my service books and I did so but nothing happened. Does anyone know how to get the Blackberry Browser on the pearl? any downloads or anything? and I also cant use any kind of email on my BB. never have been able to. I have t-mobile and i do have the data plan.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: Help BB BROWSER

Time to call T-Mobile and see whats up

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4

As long as you have the data plan and have registered your BB on the network, then all the icons should be there. On the T-Mobile site, is your device registered. You have to enter your PIN and IMEI#. Also make sure your TCP setting is set to wap.voicestream.com.
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

Quote Originally Posted by cwakulik
    Time to call T-Mobile and see whats up
    When i call t-mobile do I just tell them I dont have the blackberry Browser? Because half the time they dont know what i'm talking about.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

So have you gone to your BIS account?

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    So have you gone to your BIS account?
    What is that? and how do you get there? I read some article and it explained how to set up email with the setup wizard. When i tried that it only showed the enterprise activation and not a regular email set up.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

T-mobile go here: http://www.t-mobile.com/
    AT&T go here: http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular
    Other carriers BIS is usually found on your carriers site and within your account.

First you need to log into your account via either links above.
    T-mobile customers you need to navigate down to the link Setup Blackberry Internet Email

Those are the directions to get to your BIS account, taken from there http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...on_issues.html

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    T-mobile go here: http://www.t-mobile.com/
    AT&T go here: http://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular
    Other carriers BIS is usually found on your carriers site and within your account.

First you need to log into your account via either links above.
    T-mobile customers you need to navigate down to the link Setup Blackberry Internet Email

Those are the directions to get to your BIS account, taken from there http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...on_issues.html
    Yeah i've done all that already as well. i set up an email there with @tmo.blackberry.net but i cant receive mail on my phone or send mail.

thestewside no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256C11B1

This may help. When I got my pearl I did not have a data plan. When I did activate it, there was no BB browser (never knew it existed till I saw my friends pearl). I called T-mobile and the customer service rep that I talked to turned my data plan off then back on. Then she said uninstall Desktop Manager and then reinstall, then hook up your phone. After she did that there it was. It was a very annoying process but it worked. You can try that but I have never heard of anyone else doing that.
    Sorry, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by thestewside
    This may help. When I got my pearl I did not have a data plan. When I did activate it, there was no BB browser (never knew it existed till I saw my friends pearl). I called T-mobile and the customer service rep that I talked to turned my data plan off then back on. Then she said uninstall Desktop Manager and then reinstall, then hook up your phone. After she did that there it was. It was a very annoying process but it worked. You can try that but I have never heard of anyone else doing that.
    Sorry, good luck.
    Yeah i think that might work. Because i didnt get my data plan untill about 2 months after I had got by BB.. Thanx

thestewside no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256C11B1

I hope that is works for ya.Your issue sounds exactly the same as what I had. I had my pearl for 3 months with no data plan. Let Me know if that works for ya. (Dont ask me why, I would die with out the data plan)
    Last edited by thestewside; 09-07-2007 at 04:10 PM.

gokoudes no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by T0ne1212
    When i call t-mobile do I just tell them I dont have the blackberry Browser? Because half the time they dont know what i'm talking about.
    just a tip -- If you're with T-mobile, they have that annoying voice prompt when you call their customer care line. After the first prompt asking what your problem is, just say "Blackberry," and it should transfer you straight to a level II smartphone tech. It's always worked for me...

lol thanks alot