Results 1 to 10 of 10

Hello ~ I'm new to the forum, so I don't know if this problem has ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #1
    cstar21's Avatar
    cstar21 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1

    Help - Audio Problem

    Advertisement



    Hello ~ I'm new to the forum, so I don't know if this problem has already been addressed.

    My phone was working fine this morning. Suddenly, I can't listen to either outgoing or incoming calls. I can listen to calls on speaker phone only, but there is no audio coming out of the phone's speaker. I've already turned off the phone, removed the battery and SIM card.

    Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated!

  2. #2
    azstar's Avatar
    azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    12,882

    Re: Help - Audio Problem

    Welcome to Pinstack! Sorry you are having problems, you already tried my first fix for everything, a reset (but I use the soft reset program instead of battery pulls).

    Can you hear through a headset or only speakerphone? How old is your BB? Is it still under warranty? Most posts I've read about this have people getting replacement BBs from their carrier. I have read some threads that suggest trying to reload or update the BB's OS to see if that fixes it.
    Twitter? My Apps List

    Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

  3. #3
    amandarooo324's Avatar
    amandarooo324 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    22

    Re: Help - Audio Problem

    Just had this happen to, got my replacement phone yesterday. Mine worked only on speakerphone or bluetooth, which was really annoying. Tmobile couldnt fix it so they replaced it.

  4. #4
    Optimus's Avatar
    Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    203
    well, i just got the same problem and tried the different suggestions offered here and nothing, i guess i'll be needing a new one. i wonder if they'll give me a discount on the 8120...

  5. #5
    RayZ's Avatar
    RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    well, i just got the same problem and tried the different suggestions offered here and nothing, i guess i'll be needing a new one. i wonder if they'll give me a discount on the 8120...
    Not a chance my friend, unless you have more pull than I did. I just had to get a new Pearl and wanted to do the same thing, but not a chance. They told me that it being offered to only business customers (of which I am one) and they said that it had to be the same phone for replacement.

  6. #6
    Optimus's Avatar
    Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by RayZ View Post
    Not a chance my friend, unless you have more pull than I did. I just had to get a new Pearl and wanted to do the same thing, but not a chance. They told me that it being offered to only business customers (of which I am one) and they said that it had to be the same phone for replacement.

    yes, i just got off the phone with them and they told me the same thing; although they said the 8120 was available to everyone tomorrow...i would like to point out that the replacement is completely free with regular ups shipping. the 15 bucks that some people have mentioned is for the 3 day shipping...i guess you have to be a real blackberry addict to not wait the full 5 days.

  7. #7
    RayZ's Avatar
    RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    yes, i just got off the phone with them and they told me the same thing; although they said the 8120 was available to everyone tomorrow...i would like to point out that the replacement is completely free with regular ups shipping. the 15 bucks that some people have mentioned is for the 3 day shipping...i guess you have to be a real blackberry addict to not wait the full 5 days.
    I would love to have the 8120, and I'm do for an upgrade in about 6 months. I guess thats when I'll get it. Oh, and the replacement will be a refurbished one if they didn't you that. It's still a good deal though cause it's free of charge.

  8. #8
    DOCRAY's Avatar
    DOCRAY no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    34

    8100 is garbage a dirty pearl.

    Ok bought this piece of junk in 12/06. Ear speaker failed 6/07 and after a week of standing on my head (resets software updates batt pulls and a
    whole lot of phone calls and waiting time) TMO replaced my phone. Well
    last week the same failure (voice on speaker-phone only). TMO tells me
    that even though the new replacement is only 9 mo old its out of warrent
    and the insurance they sold me has a 120 deductable. The same deductable
    as if I threw it in the ocean. I AM PISSED OFF. I CALLED BB yesterday and
    asked to speak to an executive, of course on sat they are not around.

    How about BB/TMO admit this defect and either recall the phones or
    fix them when they fail.

  9. #9
    moblo55's Avatar
    moblo55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    PIN/ID
    24353992
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by DOCRAY View Post
    Ok bought this piece of junk in 12/06. Ear speaker failed 6/07 and after a week of standing on my head (resets software updates batt pulls and a
    whole lot of phone calls and waiting time) TMO replaced my phone. Well
    last week the same failure (voice on speaker-phone only). TMO tells me
    that even though the new replacement is only 9 mo old its out of warrent
    and the insurance they sold me has a 120 deductable. The same deductable
    as if I threw it in the ocean. I AM PISSED OFF. I CALLED BB yesterday and
    asked to speak to an executive, of course on sat they are not around.

    How about BB/TMO admit this defect and either recall the phones or
    fix them when they fail.

    its not rly happeniing to everyone man, if a minority find defects they arent going to recall the phone. that really sucks though...at verizon and att you can usually complain enough to get a replacement, just sometimes it is refurbishedd

  10. #10
    Optimus's Avatar
    Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by moblo55 View Post
    its not rly happeniing to everyone man, if a minority find defects they arent going to recall the phone. that really sucks though...at verizon and att you can usually complain enough to get a replacement, just sometimes it is refurbishedd
    wow, all these carriers have their pros and cons...i have t-mobile and didn't have to complain at all (other than getting disconnected when i got transfered.)...i should be getting my "new" one within 5 days.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •