Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a message alert that just stays at the top of my screen even ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Alika4288 no está en línea Stack level 1

Help, Annoying message alert

Advertisement

I have a message alert that just stays at the top of my screen even after i read all my messages. I deleted my messages and all but one was left in, and when i delete it and press ok, it stays! Anyone know what the problem could be? Also, the message icon isn't like the regular sms text message, it is like a yellow sheet of paper icon. PLease help, thanks

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Help, Annoying message alert

What theme are you using?

Go to messages, highlight a date, hit menu, select mark prior opened. See if that works.

r1ch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ samething happened to me, but it's a missed call icon. I can't figure out how to remove it. It does not show in calls and I have done the batt pull. Any ideas somebody?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by r1ch007
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ samething happened to me, but it's a missed call icon. I can't figure out how to remove it. It does not show in calls and I have done the batt pull. Any ideas somebody?
    Go into the messages and press menu, then view folder, go into the missed calls folder and highlight the first date, menu delete prior, then to the phone call logs folder and do the same that should take care of it and if not back up info to pc and wipe handheld. when you restore do an advanced restore and do not transfer back the call logs.
    Last edited by Eddie_gauge; 10-07-2007 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alika4288
    I have a message alert that just stays at the top of my screen even after i read all my messages. I deleted my messages and all but one was left in, and when i delete it and press ok, it stays! Anyone know what the problem could be? Also, the message icon isn't like the regular sms text message, it is like a yellow sheet of paper icon. PLease help, thanks
    That icon usually is a draft. If normal ways and reddogs way does not correct it back up the info to the pc and wipe the handheld and trans back the info doing an advanced restore without the messages.

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hmmm tried deleting the logs. All that I have left to do is wipe and re-install. What a pain!

Quote Originally Posted by r1ch007
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hmmm tried deleting the logs. All that I have left to do is wipe and re-install. What a pain!
    Try the wipe and as i said when you restore the info do the advanced restore and selectively transfer back the info only omitting the call logs.

1) Select back up and restore
    2) Select restore
    3) Select the back up file you previously backed up, and press open
    4) When you get to the area that warnes it will replace all info press cancel
    5) Select advanced
    6) This will split the screen into two portions, the left is the backup file, the right the device memory select address book on the left and then press the arrow to pass it to the right
    7) Once done refresh, the right side should now match the right
    8) Transfer back one by one the DATA ONLY using the same method ( address book, calander, content store, messages, mms messages, service book and sms messages)

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ will do thanks.

No problem post back and let us know how it goes.

Alika4288 no está en línea Stack level 1

i tried the delete prior and it didnt work so i will try the back up and restore thank you for all your responses.

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

you can also try this.

go to messages, menu, search, enter no text, menu, search, enter... then go back the top of the messages screen, menu, mark prior opened.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

soontobepd no está en línea Stack level 1

Had this same problem this week but mine was showing I had a missed call. I had to back up all my data on my phone using the desktop manager and then do a complete wipe of the phone...Took a while to do but once I did it the icon is gone. Tmobile told me this was the only way to fix it.

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

i'm pretty sure the sticking new messages icon is a different animal than the missed call icon. I've had the stuck messages icon and fixed it 2 different ways without wiping the device. not saying what you said isn't true, just don't think this issue it that severe
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

skario87 no está en línea Stack level 2

i know i had the same problem where i deleted it but still stuck (i use the iphone today theme so its annoying to have it sitting there on my "home screen" even though i deleted it numerous times) i just did the delete prior to and it finally worked (tried the battery pull but didnt work i was pissed but once i got it to work i was good lol)

Cloroxbleach4 no está en línea Stack level 2

check to see if you have some event in the address book.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast