Can someone tell me if I am missing something I cannot load any .ALX file ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jimmybob1 no está en línea Stack level 1

HELP! .ALX and VZW 8130 a no no ?

Advertisement

Can someone tell me if I am missing something I cannot load any .ALX file via DM or OTA is this due to 4.3 or VZW , I have purchased a number of software titles for my 8703e and cannot load them to the device even with the new "switch device wizard" which only caused me to lose my browser and had to re-downlaod service books , this device does everything but no 3rd party software capabilities? that cant be true can it?

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: HELP! .ALX and VZW 8130 a no no ?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my best guess is that with any new OS there are gonna be compatibily problems with current applications that are designed to run on current OS's . Dude, I don't know what to tell you what a drag.

docholliday no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317AFEB6

Also, one should keep in mind that software may also be device specific. What is written for an 88XX may not be designed for an 81XX.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

shortman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

I am in the same boat, what I have found is that the OTAs work and if you can find the JAD files they work as well. Hope this helps.

bjreimann no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    317A13A2

I'm having the same problem and called Verizon - they said because it's so new we need to wait for the software programs to update.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

you guys will need to load your DEVICE OS onto your PC...has verizon released the 8130 OS yet? if so, download it, install it and then run app loader. it will work after that (check out the last line in my siggy, change up the device and the same goes for you guys)

also... i wouldn't try putting anymore of the 8703 apps on the pearl...unless they are strictly bb apps, then you may want to go back to the creator and find out if they have 8100 versions...

jt1965 no está en línea Stack level 1

Verizon has not released the OS yet for the 8130 Their site only references the older BB models. And 4.2 is as high a rev as they go.
    Last edited by jt1965; 11-11-2007 at 01:11 PM.

RJG
    RJG no está en línea Stack level 1

You can download v 4.3 OS from Blackberry's site. This is what Verizon's pearl is using. But that does not seem to fix the problem. I did it and have not been able to load any apps yet. Not sure what the deal is.

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09
    You downloaded desktop manager 4.3 not the 4.3.x Os

jimmybob1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thank you for your responses working great since 4.3 os d/l , all alx and jad loaded fine , but does anyone know a good holster I like seidio but I am looking for a nice simple pouch with a click sturdy like the blackberry OEM belt clips someone mentioned the 7100 has a slide in pouch with sleeper but I cant imagine the pearl being snug ??