So I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing with syncing the address book ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bengoheen no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204BF324

HELP!!! Address book deleted

Advertisement

So I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing with syncing the address book to Outlook Express. I had no contacts in Outlook and accidentially had it set to export to my BB instead of importing from the BB to Outlook. Now I have NO PHONE NUMBERS or contacts!! Is there any possible way to fix this without having to figure out all the 200 phone numbers I had in my phone?

-Ben

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: HELP!!! Address book deleted

Had you previously backed up your BlackBerry? If not, you will have to enter the contacts again. Sorry.:cry:

PIN/ID
    204BF324

Quote Originally Posted by d_fisher
    Had you previously backed up your BlackBerry? If not, you will have to enter the contacts again. Sorry.:cry:
    How do you do that? Obviously the answer to your question then is no I didn't back it up. For future reference though, let me know how to do it. Thanks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by bengoheen
    How do you do that? Obviously the answer to your question then is no I didn't back it up. For future reference though, let me know how to do it. Thanks
    Connect your BB, Open Desktop Manager and select Backup and Restore. It's pretty much self guided from there.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB
    (wap.pinstack.com)~
    If you don't mind, which carrier do you have? If it's t-mobile or cingular, it might still be on the sim card...

d_fisher no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    If you don't mind, which carrier do you have? If it's t-mobile or cingular, it might still be on the sim card...
    Good point, but is only good if the contacts were on the SIM card prior to using the BlackBerry. You can copy contacts to the SIM from the BlackBerry, but its ONE AT A TIME! Very time consuming if you have a lot of contacts.

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

So I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing with syncing the address book to Outlook Express. I had no contacts in Outlook and accidentially had it set to export to my BB instead of importing from the BB to Outlook. Now I have NO PHONE NUMBERS or contacts!! Is there any possible way to fix this without having to figure out all the 200 phone numbers I had in my phone?

-Ben
    If the method the other member posted does not work you may want to consider purchasing a file recovery program. They can access any form of memory or digital storage medium and recover info. I assume it could access the BB and find any files. Maybe not, I do not know how the BB works.

On a hard disk or memory chip until deleted data on the disk or chip is overwritten with new data, it remains on the disk, but it is just invisible to users. That is why with recovery file programs they say that recovery depends on how long ago the file was deleted. The longer the time between recovery attempt and when the file was deleted, the more likely the "space" on the hard disk was written over, making the old data unrecoverable.

Anyway, I do not know if the BB device memory works the same way, meaning your contacts file that was written over is still there. Get a file recovery program and find out.

I have used "File Recovery Pro" for years. Just recently recovered my brother's e-mails, pics, and music that he deleted on his hard drive.

http://www.lc-tech.com/software/frprodetail.html

PIN/ID
    204BF324

Thanks for the help everybody! I realized that I had all the contacts on my sim card, so at least the phone numbers were still there. I just copied all them to my address book (it did them all at once, not just 1 by 1) and then imported that back into Outlook and started over. It takes forever to edit this stuff.

On a different note - does anyone know why in Outlook Express when you enter a person's address it doesn't show up on the BB? That seems to be the only field that doesn't transfer. The city, state and zip transfer but not the box with the address. Any help? Thanks again!

sanfrancisco no está en línea Stacker

Thanks for the help everybody! I realized that I had all the contacts on my sim card, so at least the phone numbers were still there. I just copied all them to my address book (it did them all at once, not just 1 by 1) and then imported that back into Outlook and started over. It takes forever to edit this stuff.

On a different note - does anyone know why in Outlook Express when you enter a person's address it doesn't show up on the BB? That seems to be the only field that doesn't transfer. The city, state and zip transfer but not the box with the address. Any help? Thanks again!
    I'm not sure about the address issue. Do a Google search with that exact question and the answer will pop up somewhere. I use Google all the time.

And make dang sure you start backing up all your data. Be aware that Outlook Express and Outlook have an "export" feature to where you can backup all your e-mails, contacts, etc.

I still think you should invest in a recovery program. It is handy to have in the future in the event you need to immediately recover files.