I can not add my friend using his pin. It worked when I did it ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Duy519 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F08D5E

help adding contacts with messenger

Advertisement

I can not add my friend using his pin. It worked when I did it by using email but when I requested using his pin it failed me. If anyone here uses the pearl and can help me in submitting contact requests using pin I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: help adding contacts with messenger

I have a feeling you were putting his pin into the email request area. even if you don't give a @ address, it will not stop you.

here are the steps if you wish to pin:

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    go into blackberry messenger, add a contact, [Use Once] click menu button and either choose 'Request by Email' or 'Request by PIN'.

(or you can choose from the address book if you've made up a card for the person)

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

yea it's a bit tricky though...just highlight the [use once] and do NOT select it. First hit the menu button. select "request by PIN". then insert PIN.

took me forever to figure this one out. is there a way to may PIN the default instead of email?

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

not that I have found out.

honestly, I'll confess. I just found out about the PIN option [use once] two weeks ago. I have been making (then deleting) vcards for people or just sending it to their email addresses since I first started using bbpin.

I was too proud to ask what others did. *lowers my head* :cry:

-edit-

in my defense, I only started using bbm a month ago with some of the PYTs of the stack. shoutout to my girls Stacey and Cherri. daddy digs his arm candy. WATAA!
    Last edited by blackninja; 03-22-2007 at 01:52 AM.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Are you all set with this Duy?

Duy519 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F08D5E

I am sorry that I did not show my appreciation sooner. To be honest I was at the bar getting my buddy squared away with his new pearl. We were messing with the messenger and could not add each other and I was getting frustrated. We were drinking and having a good time when I remembered pinstack.com and its very helpful community. So I made the post and forgot about it until today lol. I had one too many that night..

This was extremely helpful because I kept hitting use once and only getting an email option. Everyone says to click wheel and request by pin and I could not find this option. I finally found it after reading reddog's post. I am extremely greatful for the help. Thanks!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

no worries man, ask if you got anymore we're here to help

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Glad you got it Duy. Can't think of a better place to work on the Pearl than the local watering hole!