last weekend with the support and encouragement of some of your great stackers, I got ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kam2958 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question help with 8130 os 4.5 download please

Advertisement

last weekend with the support and encouragement of some of your great stackers, I got the courage to download the os 4.5 (from tmobile) to my us cell 8130.

I was sooo proud of myself until I noticed a couple of problems that I don't know what to do with 1) when you go into "status" and it says "file total" and "file free", I only have "file free", there is no "file total" (I don't even know if that's important to have or not). The other problem came with my themes, what themes were in my phone came out kinda weird, home page was fine, it was the one that showed all the icons that was weird (it showed basically two themes) Those I couldn't fix so some I just re-downloaded. But how do I save the theme I just bought, it's it OTA? Also, would I loose "my cast weather" if I were to redownload the whole program again? Any suggestions? Am so confused! thanks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Hey Kam! Congrats on the successful upgrade!

As for your first question, that seems to be a new "feature" with the new 4.5 OS. I don't have file total in that screen anymore either, but you can find that by pressing and holding the left Alt key, then typing E A C E. That will bring up a whole bunch of cool info for your perusal. That key sequence works on my Curve. Not sure it'll work on your Pearl.

As for your theme issue, I'm afraid someone else will have to chime in on that one. I don't know much of anything about themes.

Regards,
    Roger

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Hey Kam! Congrats on the successful upgrade!

As for your first question, that seems to be a new "feature" with the new 4.5 OS. I don't have file total in that screen anymore either, but you can find that by pressing and holding the left Alt key, then typing E A C E. That will bring up a whole bunch of cool info for your perusal. That key sequence works on my Curve. Not sure it'll work on your Pearl.

As for your theme issue, I'm afraid someone else will have to chime in on that one. I don't know much of anything about themes.

Regards,
    Roger
    Good Lord! I have been trying to figure out Telus' _vendorid for a long time. LoL

All I had to do was hit alt-e-a-c-e. Kool Bananas!!

As for the other problem. It sounds like the theme files are corrupt. Delete all the themes and re-install them.....
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

thanks so much RoGro - I feel much better about that, appreciate the help

thanks sirthinks, that part held me up for along time, just finding the vendor whatever it was. I'll try the reinstall on some of the themes, thanks

All you guys / gals are great!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm wondering how you got the 4.5 OS from tmobile, a GSM device carrier, to load onto your 8130, a CDMA device....I didn't think that was possible, but if somehow you did manage to get it to load on there, perhaps that is what's causing your issues. You should only be loading an OS meant for the 8130.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Therein may lay the problem....

The full release version of os 4.5 for the CDMA devices is

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I'm wondering how you got the 4.5 OS from tmobile, a GSM device carrier, to load onto your 8130, a CDMA device....I didn't think that was possible, but if somehow you did manage to get it to load on there, perhaps that is what's causing your issues. You should only be loading an OS meant for the 8130.
    LOL! Didn't even catch that, azstar! Is there even a 4.5 available from TMO? I think as long as it's an 8130 OS, you should be okay, but if you indeed loaded an OS that is not for your specific device, then that will definitely present issues.

I haven't seen one for t-mo but you never know what people manage to find on the net :s

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sorry everyone, it was from virgin mobile, I was trying to follow WLVRN while they were doing the upgrade (last week). the upgrade came directly from rim. sorry about the confusion kim

The virgin mobile release is ok for your bb, thanks for clearing up the confusion

What theme are you having trouble with? Is it one of the themes that was preloaded(dimension themes) or is the problem with another theme you downloaded? Not all themes for the 81xx series will work with 4.5.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sorry to say that they were a few of the ones that i bought. I tried re-downloading one that was done via dm, the other 2 were ota's. Those two are gone period. Is there even a way to save the ota's permentanly? thanks

Yes, games and apps downloaded OTA can be saved to your PC. Try this thread: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=55634

Also, if you still have the email from when you purchased your themes, you should be able to contact wherever you bought them from with your purchase number and other info and they will usually send you another download link. If you didn't save the info, then be sure to do it in the future, you never know when you may need it.
    Last edited by azstar; 09-06-2008 at 05:12 PM. Reason: added 2nd paragraph
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

thanks everyone, i feel much better now. kim