I upgraded my OS on my BB 8100 to 4.5.037. The upgrade went ... BlackBerry Pearl forum
I upgraded my OS on my BB 8100 to 4.5.037. The upgrade went well but now my pearl just keeps restarting. I reckon i need to reinstall the OS or downgrade to a 4.2 OS. I just need to know how to do both of these! Thanks for your help!
Install the BlackBerry Handheld Software to the PC
Install the BlackBerry Handheld Software to the Device
- Go to www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade and follow the on-screen instructions for software download.
- Go to and open the folder where you downloaded the "Handheld Software" software on your PC.
- Double click on the file.
- Choose the desired setup language and select OK.
- "Preparing to Install..." will display.
- The InstallShield Wizard screen will appear, click Next to begin.
- Select the country or region from the drop down list and click Next.
- Select the radio button for "I accept the terms in the license agreement", then click Next.
- The handheld software will be installed on the PC.
- Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
NOTE: The install process can take between 5 and 30 minutes to complete, do not disconnect the BlackBerry during this time.
- Connect the BlackBerry to the desktop computer.
- Start BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- IMPORTANT: If the software offers to automatically upgrade the device, click Cancel.
- Manually back up the data on the device.
IMPORTANT: Even though there is an option to automatically back up the device application data within the Application Loader Wizard, it is recommended to perform a manual back up via Backup and Restore.
- Access Application Loader and follow the on-screen instructions for software install.
- The Application Loader Wizard screen will appear, click Next to begin.
- If prompted for the security password, enter the correct password and click Next.
- A list of default applications to be installed will appear, click Next.
- If prompted to backup application data, select the radio button for "Do not automatically back up and restore..." and click Next.
- To start the software loading process to the handheld, click Finish.
IMPORTANT:If reloading handheld software due to an operating system issue, click Advanced and select "Erase all application data" and "Erase all currently installed applications".
- The Application Loader Wizard will update the handheld.
- A confirmation window will appear indicating a successful update. Click Close.
NOTE: Windows may display a prompt to restart the computer.
- Once the installation is finished manually restore the data to the device