hello, yesterday i had my cell on my lap while i was driving.. when i ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Bigv69er no está en línea Stack level 3

Help!!!!

Advertisement

hello,

yesterday i had my cell on my lap while i was driving.. when i got off i dropped it.. this is like the 3rd time i dropped it..

well it was working fine.. then all of a sudden i looked and i saw the SCREEN WENT WHITE AND THE KEYPADS WERE LIT UP... after that the screeen went OFF.. and i cannot get it to turn on again... THe key pads will not light up either... i can hear the noice when i click the pad but i cannot see anything..
    i still get calls n messages... n my light turns red on top.. but the screen just wont turn on..

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLZ!!!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Help!!!!

so the screen and keypad light seem dead but it still receives calls/messages?

I am not sure there is much that can be done if that is the case. Do you have insurance? Call up your carrier and see about an exchange.

NOpe.. i dont have insurance..

i want to see if theres anything i can do.. if not then i will just take it to get fixed

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Try a battery pull reboot. If that doesn't work then I think your display connection or something in your display itself has come loose. And a trip to the repair shop is necessary.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

This sounds like the white screen of death issue experienced by many Pearl users. I had this happen to me with my previous Pearl and I never even dropped it. Dropping a BB can definitely cause hardware damage as all the internal components are extremely sensitive.
    If the above suggestions don't work, take it in for repairs.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

nothing worked.

i reset.. i even tried OS upgrade.. so i had to go to 4.3 beta again... and dat didnt work..

i tried tossing it in tha floor sum more.. haha to knock it back into workin.. but nothing..

i guess.. repair shop

THANK YOU PEEPS

well goodbye have a good weekend.. its time for this bad boy to go party..

THANK YOU

PS: lava gurl "the white screen of death" hahahahaha seriously it suxs huh...

and i dont get insureance cuz i buy a new cell erry 3 months so theres no use on gettin it.. till now.. lol cuz i actually like this phone..

But i guess.. ima just buy da Nokia N95