I was going through life with a TREO 650 and did not realize what a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bearhill no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello from the new guy (8100) - few questions on gmail

Advertisement

I was going through life with a TREO 650 and did not realize what a boat anchor it was until I walked by the mobile display at Best Buy and noticed the 8100. 72 hours later I purchased one and switched carriers from VZW to Cingular.

I opted for the unlimited data plan with email support but after having downloaded the gmail mobile app I am thinking about ditching the blackberry email and going strictly with the mobile gmail option. Only problem is, how do I listen to .wav voice mail messages which are emailed to my gmail account? I can't listen to them with the the gmail mobile app and need to open a html browser, go into gmail (not the mobile app), log in and listen to the .wav attachment. Is there an easy way to do this with the Gmail mobile app?

Anyone else using a mobile email program like gmail and ditching the blackberry server email all together? Any pro's or con's? So far I like it but I have not had a chance to really give it a good bake off just yet.

Any other killer must have app's for the phone I should know about?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Hello from the new guy (8100) - few questions on gmail

Bear,

As far as ditching the blackberry email addy, sure, go for it. I mean, you can always set it up if you want.

As far as I know, at this time the only way to get the wav files to play is thru the browser, the mobile gmail won't do it.

The pushed email that comes to your device also won't play an audio attachment.

Like I said, you can always keep the blackberry email address and use it at a later date.

bearhill no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Hello from the new guy (8100) - few questions on gmail

Thanks. We configured the BB email on the pearl last night and opted to keep gmail in the middle to act as an additional spam filter, allow me to view .wav files via a browser and gmail will act like a free email back up system for all my incoming email.

I hope BB will do a quick sw fix in the next release which will allow you to listen to a .wav email attachment.