First off Hi all, I'm Joe from the UK. Just got my new 8100 from ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Longun no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello and FIrst Question

Advertisement

First off Hi all, I'm Joe from the UK.

Just got my new 8100 from work on 02 network, well impressed with it so far. Have installed a few themes from here etc to jazz it up so thanks for all the tips on the forum there is loads to read through.

My question is about the IT policy that is applied. My company have a default lock screen with company info on it. Is there a reg hack or anything to change this information. It seems to take the text from the owner info but I can't change those fields, I guess the policy is locking the phone down a bit.

Thanks in advance.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Hello and FIrst Question

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hello Joe and Welcome to the Stacks. I don't believe that you can change any of the IT settings on your company's BES system. They're security related.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Bootsector no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204CFA3F

Longun,

If you have a IT lock on it, you cannot change it. I set that stuff up with my work on our BB's, so unless you are REALLy in good with your IT team I would try my best to ignore it.
    PIN: 204CFA3F

Longun no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm in IT as well I've setup BB's at work for our customer but didn't have much involvement in the initial setup of the server so I don't know how the policies were created, only time I went near them was to setup the BB's for users. However our works ones are provided by head office and our internal IT department is rubbish so was going to take a look myself, I have access and permission so am now thinking about creating a new policy just for me Never really cared for the devices till I got hold of the pearl so never really looked into this sort of thing. Now all I'm doing is finding ways to get it to do more stuff. Thanks all time to read a manual.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Good luck Joe. Let us know what you come up with.

Bootsector no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204CFA3F

Vaya Con Dios Amigo
    PIN: 204CFA3F