well, I've owned a pearl 8130 with telus since the beginning of last december, and ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

fixmypearl no está en línea Stack level 1

Heaphone JACK question

well, I've owned a pearl 8130 with telus since the beginning of last december, and the headphone jack stopped working properly.

Let me explain.

I've read posts about 2.5 vs 3.5mm headphones, and all I know is that they're related to different output channels, ground, etc.

When using my media player, the headphone jack doesn't output the sound to my headphones properly, but plays through the handset speaker instead.

Only when I constantly adjust the headphone input half way into the jack does it work properly, which has become a nuisance.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I'd like to use my pearl as a media player, considering im using a 6gb sandisk card.

I've just replaced my handset with telus today, and the new headset has the same issue. As for the headphones, im using the standard ones that came out of the box. It has three connectors on the end.

Edit: I've just plugged in a set of sony dj headphones I have, and the issue has seem to been resolved. My songs play through my headphones, but only through the right ear. It has two connectors on the end of it.

So, I guess its appropriate to ask why the original headphones that come with the handset dont work properly with the media player?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    it sound like the male 2.5mm part of the headphones isnt going all the way into the device itself. you may have a faulty port in the phone. doesnt sound like an OS issue. Techs respond please.