Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 49505152535455 LastLast

Originally Posted by jhaebre how did you do it? Install TMI, install Telstra over it, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

n0tad00d no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Heads Up! TMo-Italy 8100 OS 4.2.1.66

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jhaebre
    how did you do it?

Install TMI, install Telstra over it, upgrade OS on phone.

somebody7 no está en línea Stack level 2

Just thought I would add a link I came across. Im sorry, but I like my old Zen Theme too much to deal w/the icons list all the time. Anyways, go to http://www.kradest.com/ he has the cod file for the tmobile zen theme and instructions on how to do it. Took about 3 minutes. Some guy named Keith posted it up on that website on Friday, March 16th.

NateDogX no está en línea Stack level 1

Okay, now I've got that terrible little "missing browser" problem. I've tried registering with host routing table several times and nothing has happened, and I've tried a battery pull. Any suggestions would be helpful.

The weird thing is that I can go into applications and see "browser 4.2" still list, I just can't see it in my menu.

somebody7 no está en línea Stack level 2

Did you try resending your books from your Carriers website?

blownbyboost no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2497293d

i did the italty verssion last night and HATE IT THIS MUCH i wiped my computer of all software and started fresh. everything from the media card loaded vvvveeerrrryyyy slow, where im at i am in and out of service alot- with this4.2.1.66 it doesn wait to send a sms for service. it sends it even with no service only to ALAWYS end up with protocol error. i dealt with it over the night and did notice that the battery di last longer tho as well as i had 33m of free memory wow! but its battery life and available memory isn worth its problems to me, back to 4.2.0.71

Ahhhh, there we go. For whatever reason my service books took FOREVER to send last night. I got it up and running and have my browser back. Thank God!

theriddler2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EADE14

i am still liking the italy version. i am having none of the problems others are experiencing and it fixed my known bug of callers not hearing me right away. italy was the way to go for me.
    I don't know what I said, but I know what I think,
    and, well, I assume it's what I said.

red97vette no está en línea Stack level 1

Ive got version 4.2.0.64, i watch videos on it a lot... what version should I upgrade to? this version i have seems pretty sluggish...(im on cingular btw, if that makes any difference)
    Last edited by red97vette; 04-18-2007 at 12:23 PM.

vankai no está en línea Stack level 1

I have Cingular. Is it ok to apply this update to my Cingular Pearl? Anyone notice any bugs/error with Cingular?

Thanks.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by vankai
    I have Cingular. Is it ok to apply this update to my Cingular Pearl? Anyone notice any bugs/error with Cingular?

Thanks.
    you can apply any 8100 OS, regardless of your carrier. before doing so, i would read the previous 27 pages of posts (and maybe search/learn on the topic a bit before making the jump) - because there are some bugs w/ TMo Italy. good luck!

*CrackBerry* no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Heads Up! TMo-Italy 8100 OS 4.2.1.66

Pinstack has been an EXCELENT source of information for me as I have transistioned from Palm to my beloved Pearl. I have just joined and this is my 1st post to your wonderful forum. The day before yesterday I upgraded from Tmo's 4.2.0.64 due to my message/call log databases vanishing every week, to TMo-Italy's 4.2.1.66 . Overall I found it to be a positive upgrade both in speed and stability, however video playback sucked and the player would lockup, requiring a battery pull to correct. Now, on to my question... Has anyone got a suggestion for an OS version that is STABLE and basically "just works"? I can live without some bleeding edge new features, but I cant live with all the java exception errors and my databases just dissapearing on me. Please feel free to flood me with opinions.....I wont mind!

(Really I wont...)

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by *CrackBerry*
    Pinstack has been an EXCELENT source of information for me as I have transistioned from Palm to my beloved Pearl. I have just joined and this is my 1st post to your wonderful forum. The day before yesterday I upgraded from Tmo's 4.2.0.64 due to my message/call log databases vanishing every week, to TMo-Italy's 4.2.1.66 . Overall I found it to be a positive upgrade both in speed and stability, however video playback sucked and the player would lockup, requiring a battery pull to correct. Now, on to my question... Has anyone got a suggestion for an OS version that is STABLE and basically "just works"? I can live without some bleeding edge new features, but I cant live with all the java exception errors and my databases just dissapearing on me. Please feel free to flood me with opinions.....I wont mind!

(Really I wont...)
    Just downgrade to .71 or 73 from cingular. Stable reliable. I've had no issues with .73

mik
    mik no está en línea Stack level 2

I have done the upgrade and all seems fine.

1. Please can someone give me an 'idiots guide' as to the changes to Suretype?
    How has it changed?
    How one uses it to its best (I have seen italics?)
    Detailed comments appreciated.....

2. I really miss the '*' shortcut.... Any replacement?

Thanks

Mik

*CrackBerry* no está en línea Stack level 1

Downgraded to 4.2.0.73 Cingular, only issue thus far is if you hit escape after hitting the menu button in OZ Instant Messaging you get an uncaught java exception error. But it doesnt seem to disrupt anything. Unlocked the O2 themes, seems to be a little bit buggier when I'm using one of them.